Solid power-train, terrible interior quality
By athacarguy on
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Toyotas will run forever and hybrid design is solid. The car is quiet and the seats are great. The interior build quality is terrible however. My headliner warped in the first 4K miles, the dash creaks and pops when you hit a dump and the door panels also creak constantly. A happy customer tells four people about their experience and unhappy customer tells 10 people. The crappy part is I have to sell it at a loss to buy the ford fusion. My gut told me to go with the ford and I should have followed it.
Suggested Improvements
Interior build quality sucks, hire some better engineers and quality control people.
By solara01
on 05/12/14 08:12 AM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Limited. I did have the headliner replaced. A know issue. The new one is fine. I have non of these other complaints and the interior is rated better that the Lexus ES350 sister car. Soft touch hand stitched everywhere. I can not understand a comparison to a Ford Fusion that is not even in the same class as this car. I don't get it. I can't wait to see what he post on the Focus.

By arillo
on 05/22/14 07:46 AM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Touring. I looked at the ford fusion and I think the Avalon is in another class.

By poorthingflint
on 07/21/14 04:50 AM (PDT)

I have a Avalon touring sedan and although in very cold weather the plastic panels in the dash will sometime make a pop to to as soon as the car interior warms the noises are gone. The rest of the interior is solid and comes across as very good quality. No rattles or creaks what so ever. I would suggest you request arbitration with Toyota it is "FREE" and request a buy back as you appear to have a lemon on your hands. This can happen in any make including Ford Fusion. Suggest you read some reviews on various web sites it might surprise you as they have had their share of QC problems as consumer reports commented on as they declined to recommend it.