2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: F-150 and Tundra ride much bet

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

F-150 and Tundra ride much better
By nomotoy on

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My chiropractor suggests a different car. At 8K miles the rattles are popping up all over. Empty car seat, controls, my flesh and my clothes shake and vibrate (sometimes violently) if the road isn't perfectly smooth. The "fuel mgmt system" allows one to drive less than 350 mi before refueling even tho there is still >100 miles fuel on board. e.g. all four displays reporting the need for fuel must be ignored and I have to go by the odometer. Dealer & Toyota say that can't be changed. "Dist to empty" = 0 really means >100 miles to empty. Brake Assist feature is truly dangerous in heavy traffic. I happen to be strong enough to press my own brakes but Toyota knows better than I!

Cruise feature is perfect

Fix the suspension please! Calibrate the instrumentation somewhere close so as to make it useful. My spouse & I get nervous when we have to come to a complete stop (esp on the freeway) for her to set or reset navigation. It makes it relatively useless. Remove the loud road noise in the cabin. Remove the Brake Assist feature or at least cogle it. Reduce price by $10K. Come up to my 2007 Azera standards.
By solara01
on 05/12/14 08:29 AM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Limited w/tech pkg. This car has no break assist. You get Dynamic CC and a pre-collision system. When in DCC, if you get cut off the car will decelerate by down shifting if needed. No braking. The 2013/14 Avalon is no longer a boat. The chassis was stiffened and the 18" wheels and bad Bridgestone tires can give a harsh ride over expansion joints. They want a floaty boat and not a sporty luxury sedan.