Downsized - I hate that!
By dustync on
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Really got sucked in by the new and beautiful exterior of the 2013 Avalon. Only to find it so very uncomfortable compared to my 2011. Did not sink in until after the purchase that this car is 2" shorter than it's predecessor, with most of that coming off the rear passenger leg room, which is Critical TOYOTA! I often have my office associates with me, and they are big guys! Now they are cramped! Why would you make the flagship car.... SMALLER? If I wanted small, I would buy the Camry. And the front seat is narrower, and less comfortable. Front seat comfort of the Avalon has always been an issue; now it's much worse! (for the distance driver).
Favorite Features
Exterior Design is Gorgeous!
Suggested Improvements
Make the car Big again, and give us Comfortable Seats for Pete's Sake!
By solara01
on 05/12/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

I assume you test drove the car or did some on-line research? It's still has the best rear seat room in it's class. Previous owners expecting your grandpa's Buick will be disappointed. This car was stiffened to appeal to a younger buyers. I an 6' 250 lbs. and have to drive my 70+ parents around. They enjoy being in this car and my dad is no light weight.