2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Overall a good car, with one i

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Overall a good car, with one issue
By baratis1 on

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had it built about 2 months ago. I got the red with tan interior. I am completely satisfied with the buy apart from one issue, as stated above. The suspension is rock hard. I'm not entirely sure i'll be able to put up with it forever. My previous car was a 2003 subaru outback. The subaru was MUCH more comfortable and also had better handling. A 41,000 dollar car like this should be MORE comfortable than a 22,000 dollar subaru that's 10 years older. The suspension really is unfortunate. I also feel somewhat cramped in this car. My outback was very open and didn't have quite as much legroom, but it had tons of headroom and hiproom. That's something this car doesn't have.

-interior design -technology -legroom

-softer suspension -fix front-end styling -add more hiproom
By poorthingflint
on 08/07/13 19:34 PM (PDT)

If your tires are Bridgestones do not give up on the ride comfort issue until you replace them with Michlins inflated at 31psi cold. If your tires are indeed "Stones"and you want to get rid of them before they wear out I will go one step further and suggest you go up to a '55 series touring tire in a brand that has been rated as having a smooth quite ride. Every thing looks like it would be a easy fit and the speedo according to my GPS is about 2MPH fast at 70MPH. If that's true then the slightly larger circumference tire would make the speedo more accurate as well and provide the max comfort you can get in a 18" wheel without getting to bold and adventurous.