Nice ride but needs a few things.
By mongoose5 on
2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The Avalon is nice and has a high quality interior look. But the things that you notice after you buy the car matter. The seats need some more cushion. We rode a couple hours before our bottoms hurt. My Corolla is a good 5 1/2 hour seat. Where are the bottle holders in the doors? They are absent front and rear. So on a trip with three in the back with the armrest folded up, the rear seat passengers will not have a single place to store drinks. I like more than one drink myself, especially living in a desert area. I would also appreciate it if the two cupholders up front were cooled. Power is good in this V/6, Best mileage on a road trip with a full trunk and three passengers was 29.5 mpg hwy
Favorite Features
I do like the basic stereo sound in the XLE. But it wouldn't play my USB stored music files for some reason. My system in my FR-S plays the same memory sticks no problem. The stereo in my SCION sounds a little better too. I like the dash board. The car is quieter in the front with less noise. When I sat in the back I could hear the raod and feel the bumps alot more. I do like the dual zone climate control, back seaters are not able to control their A/C vents on XLE Premium. Overall a nice looking decent powered nice riding car with good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Cupholders need to be everywhere, like in all other toyotas. Even my 2009 Yaris had a better selection of drink holders and they stayed cool in front of the A/C vents. More plush padding in the seats please, this is a after all, a road car. And why the heck doesn't the back seat fold down? That is lame! In the summer I want to keep my groceries cool and the small pass through door won't help much with that. I shoulda been more critical before my purchase.