2013 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Clock of Avalon is a

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Clock of Avalon is a big disappointment
By sl465 on

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Everything seems to be perfect with 2013 Avalon. But, unfortunately, the clock is awful, to say the least. It is not digital, and you can only read 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock, or 15, 30, and 45 minutes. In-between there are no marks. So, one literally has to stare at the clock for a minute to judge the positions of hour and minute handles in order to figure out the exact time. A clock inside a car should be functional not for decoration purpose, because when one is driving on the highway, he has only microseconds to read the clock without causing an accident. It is totally beyond me why Toyota "design" a clock that people can't read the time from.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the unfunctional clock, and change to a digital clock. Don't try to be fancy by going backward.
By luckyme1
on 02/04/13 17:57 PM (PST)

This is so funny. What a simple fix, and great little option. Thanks for your insightful post. I saw many interior pictures before my wife got her Avalon Limited, and I hoped she would get one with the analog clock. And she did! Then I read this, and go out in the garage and tried it. Yep, sure enough digital or analog. I changed it without her knowing, so it will be interesting if she notices. I like the analog personally. I've also ordered my Avalon Hybrid, so we will soon be a 2 Avalon couple, and maybe with 2 different clocks? I guess we should read the owners manual after 2 weeks of ownership?

By solara01
on 01/23/13 02:17 AM (PST)

My new limited is coming in a few weeks. I had a similar concern with the clock when I test drove the car. You can change the display from analog to digital by pressing and holding the M and S set buttons at the time. Hope this helps.