2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Avalon - A luxury but affordab

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

XLE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Avalon - A luxury but affordable full size sedan
By francisr12 on

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before anything else, let me say this "this is the third Toyota I owned and drove more than 160,000 on my previous two without any breakdown or problem even a minor one.
I looked for a comfortable full size sedan for my family with two kids instead of a minivan or SUV due to MPG issue. I decided to purchase an Avalon XLE after test drive of Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima & Infinity G37..So far I confidently say I made a right choice. The car handling may not be as sporty as the Infinity, inside its cabin we can really enjoy the quality of the Bluetooth audio system because it is so quite thanks to the use of noise reduction glass & its air drag coefficient of 0.28.

I don't expect to have a Milano leather interior on my 30 grains I spent, but the craftsmanship and new design of the dashboard, audio/air control give Avalon a plus compared to the other. The roomy legroom in the back seats really make my kids happy as it has enough space for her and her back-pack. I got an average 27 MPG when I drive 20 miles a day with 8 miles freeway without traffic, 8 miles with bumper-to-bumper traffic and 2 miles city. Freeway: 32.4 MPG (200 miles drive without traffic at 65-70)

I do believe other owners agree with me it's a great value full size. However, if Toyota adds a little more cushion to the seats, it's a perfect design.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review