After a couple of months
By 2013limited on
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I was shopping for luxury replacements for my 2007 Avalon XL when the new 2013 first showed up at my dealer. It changed my whole perspective. It was not like any Avalon that I had seen! The interior was completely changed and the tan variation was sporty and masculine. The drive and control felt like some of the performance cars that I had before. It was a no brainer, I could have the looks, luxury, and performance that I wanted with the reliability of a Toyota and for $30,000 less cost (I paid cash). I didn't realize how "nice" it could be to drive a car...I really enjoy my time on the road.
Favorite Features
The driver's seat backing up when the engine is turned off...simple in and out. Charging and interactive features for iPhone, iPad. Just the feel of the drive...responsive, tight but light control. All of the radar systems....rear passing cars and pedestrians, blind spot indicators (actually are functional and accurate), forward distance with adjustment. On a long drive, I can set an upper speed limit and just let the car cruise (watching for slower cars merging in front ).
Suggested Improvements
The pressure switches on the center controls are too sensitive. I find myself changing the air conditioning when I am trying to change details on the the NAV. I wish there as more interaction between the screen and iPad....as in the screen having a remote function for the iDevice. Entune a little lame compared to what is possible. I hope that there are future firmware upgrades that will bring them together. Even making a regular phone call requires 3 more steps than necessary with voice. I find myself just using the buttons to save a couple of questions from the voice. Voice questions can be abbreviated and time after response reduced.
By solara01
on 04/04/13 23:06 PM (PDT)

I also have the Limited w/tech package. The Radar Cruse works great. The car slows down quickly when you get cut off, more than just lifting off the gas. The Auto High Beams are a bit quirky, but the HID headlights are so strong that I do not see using the high-beams often. I love the touch switches and the layout. Mine work great but you can have the sensitivity lowered by your Toyota dealer. The voice recognition needs work. Also as you are driving you loose some functions for safety reasons. You can remove the long winded commands in the setup voice settings or on the touch screen. When phone pairing you have to realize that Toyota has to connect with many phones with several different operating systems. It is not perfect but they did a better job than most. I have a I phone5. If I plug my phone into the USB port, I get the phone usage but it sees the music as an IPAD and I loose IHeart and Pandora. It says so in the manual. My solution was to plug my phone into just the 12V adapter. This caused some other problems that are IPhone related and not Toyota. The I Phone works diffidently when hooked to a charging source. I think most of this will be worked out in software upgrades. When you get used to all these minor issues, You will total enjoy the car you bought. You can not touch the quality, reliability and resale for any car in this class.

By iraaf
on 03/30/13 08:40 AM (PDT)

I didn't see my post from before so I am commenting again. I own the Limited Hybrid and I agree with everyone of the comments below.

By iraaf
on 03/30/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

I forgot to add that I own the Hybrid.

By sewanee1970
on 05/15/14 12:26 PM (PDT)

Did you only pay $30,000 for the limited? I am looking at paying cash also but was setting my goal at around $35K plus tax tag etc. Thanks, John C