2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2013 Avalon Ltd Hybrid
By lewbat on 09/02/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had planned to purchase a Lexus 300H but found local Lexus dealers not buyer friendly. Decided to look at the Avalon as an alternative and made a purchase which I now regret. The hybrid platform performs wonderfully; power is adequate and economy is better than expected. So far with 5000 miles average MPG is 40.1 with 70pc highway at speeds 70+ MPH. My main issue with the vehicle is interior build quality/fit/finish. I have owned many cars over the years and not since the early 70's have I had a car with so many interior rattles. It is unpleasant to drive the vehicle on anything but newly paved roads. Ride quality is firm, but not unpleasant and seats are adequate for long drives.

Getting my 2013 Avalon Repaired
By avalonowner63 on 08/29/13 08:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I live in Alpharetta Ga and recently purchased a 2013 Avalon Touring Edition. I'm enjoying the car. However; I'm very disappointed with the dealership for customer "No Service". I took my car in for it's 5k servicing. A clip to the back panel of my drivers seat was faulty and the panel is coming off. I was told to come back tomorrow and they would repair it. When I drove back the next day, I waited 45 minutes for them to tell me they don't have one but will in a week. They would call me. They didn't. I call again, left message with service technician to call me. He did not. Called again. Part not in until October 24. Mind you it's August 29th.

Just What I Needed
By twigster on 08/24/13 08:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my "highway" car. Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability. I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control. Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car" or want to "feel the road". Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads". Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road.

Downsized - I hate that!
By dustync on 08/24/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really got sucked in by the new and beautiful exterior of the 2013 Avalon. Only to find it so very uncomfortable compared to my 2011. Did not sink in until after the purchase that this car is 2" shorter than it's predecessor, with most of that coming off the rear passenger leg room, which is Critical TOYOTA! I often have my office associates with me, and they are big guys! Now they are cramped! Why would you make the flagship car.... SMALLER? If I wanted small, I would buy the Camry. And the front seat is narrower, and less comfortable. Front seat comfort of the Avalon has always been an issue; now it's much worse! (for the distance driver).

did i buy a lemon?
By shades2 on 08/09/13 00:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

it was our 30th annivery i wanted too suprise my wife with something really nice i bought her the 2013 avalon tour loaded too the max with two tone leather .1st 1500 miles was great then the back of the drivers seat broke 2200 miles the passenger seat broke....2600 miles the neadliner gave way....they have fixed this but they say toyota has no cure fore the problem n so the car has 2800 miles now for that 40000 i gave for this theres no way i could have these problems all ready already been thru the chain of command and what did i get?..call us if you have any more problems.....

Great Car but...
By jpaul5 on 07/20/13 21:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2013 Avalon Limited with every option. I really enjoy my Avalon. I would put it at 4 out of five stars for about every category. Overall, this car represents value for the money. It is sporty yet refined, pretty fun to drive if you never push the limits and has enough technology built in. It has its faults like every car and Toyota. It's no sports car. And for a Toyota I am not impressed with the build quality. Surprising problems with a falling headliner and rattling door with the stereo playing. I haven't had the rear view or dash glare problems that some have complained about. I mostly think those are bogus. Toyota's Entune works sporadically with my iPhone 4 and I am disappointed with it

Overall a good car, with one issue
By baratis1 on 07/20/13 20:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had it built about 2 months ago. I got the red with tan interior. I am completely satisfied with the buy apart from one issue, as stated above. The suspension is rock hard. I'm not entirely sure i'll be able to put up with it forever. My previous car was a 2003 subaru outback. The subaru was MUCH more comfortable and also had better handling. A 41,000 dollar car like this should be MORE comfortable than a 22,000 dollar subaru that's 10 years older. The suspension really is unfortunate. I also feel somewhat cramped in this car. My outback was very open and didn't have quite as much legroom, but it had tons of headroom and hiproom. That's something this car doesn't have.

Great Car for the Money
By 2013avalon on 06/29/13 14:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I knew this was the car as soon as I sat in the drivers seat for a test drive. I got the pearl white and tan interior with chocolate accents.. Amazing car. I constantly put customers in my car and being 6'4" in any other car the person behind me never had room. Not they have a good 4" of extra leg room. Not the fastest car but it isn't the slowest. I do not have the navi because I have owned toyota's before and they have never really had good ones, and with cell phones who really needs it...

Very Disappointed!!
By optimusprime1 on 06/26/13 18:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A new car and the Headliner is already peeling, the dealership gave no explanation and said they have ordered a new one, seriously is this new Toyota standards. Cabin noise is too much on the highway. Took to my dealer, the supervisor of the service center said cabin noise was normal. For a high end car which is comparable to the Lexus ES350 I think the cabin noise is too much and Toyota must do something about it. Anyone else who has the Avalon please put your reviews on NHTSA.gov and Edmunds. AT 75 mph I hear a lot of wind noise around the car and at one point there was a lot of noise coming from the front windshield and Toyota and the dealership are not willing to fix it.

Not as happy as I thought I would be...
By yardy on 06/23/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel in love with the color and design of the car. But I am not happy paying the amount of money and not being happy with the ride in the city. My biggest complaint is the JBL sound system. I bought my car in Maryland and drove back to Georgia to snap, crackle, and pop. The radio fades in and out at will. Thank goodness I have a great Toyota service department near me. I will take the car in tomorrow, get a loaner and they will find out how to fix this problem from their tech department.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*