Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great Car
By arillo

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just leased this car this past weekend. Looked at Impala, Taurus, 300, ES350 and Toyota Avalon. Decided to get the Avalon after driving the cars. The car handles great. Did not feel like past reviews that car was too stiff or noisy on highway. I will update this if it changes.

Different modes of driving. Eco mode is great on highway and gas mileage is great. If you have a blue tooth phone can get APPS on screen. Car handles great in any of the modes. Blind Spot monitor works great.

I hope Toyota can find a way if the car is running and you walk away from car with key(pod) in pocket it beeps or cars shits off.

Won over
By sullivan3

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Avalon Touring XLE model in March 2013. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the ride. I thought there was too much road feel. This October, I drove it to Ohio and Indiana from Florida. It performed amazingly and I am now smitten with this machine. I really enjoy driving it and on a smooth road, it is terrific. I am averaging nearly 30 mpg . My driving is all at 60mph where I live . No regrets on this purchase.

F-150 and Tundra ride much better
By nomotoy

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My chiropractor suggests a different car. At 8K miles the rattles are popping up all over. Empty car seat, controls, my flesh and my clothes shake and vibrate (sometimes violently) if the road isn't perfectly smooth. The "fuel mgmt system" allows one to drive less than 350 mi before refueling even tho there is still >100 miles fuel on board. e.g. all four displays reporting the need for fuel must be ignored and I have to go by the odometer. Dealer & Toyota say that can't be changed. "Dist to empty" = 0 really means >100 miles to empty. Brake Assist feature is truly dangerous in heavy traffic. I happen to be strong enough to press my own brakes but Toyota knows better than I!

Cruise feature is perfect

Fix the suspension please! Calibrate the instrumentation somewhere close so as to make it useful. My spouse & I get nervous when we have to come to a complete stop (esp on the freeway) for her to set or reset navigation. It makes it relatively useless. Remove the loud road noise in the cabin. Remove the Brake Assist feature or at least cogle it. Reduce price by $10K. Come up to my 2007 Azera standards.

Good car if you have low expectations
By redfishfl

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a happy Toyota customer all my adult life (now 55 and had only one non-toyota). I am very frustrated with this car. I suppose if one has low expectations, then this is the car for you..I feel like a sucker for purchasing it.. I feel like I have a 'super Corolla',... not at all the car I wanted to give my wife. We purchased this car for long rides, and I only see this being acceptable for around town. Toyota has taught me a lesson I will not forget. It seems to me that Toyota has left the upscale market, and is leaving that for Lexus' territory. Seriously, I'm not being too harsh. Check it out for yourself.

Body style, transmission, power, braking, mileage.

Fix harsh, distracting ride, add insulation, radio needs more power, better wind reduction. Also, tried to add upgrades to car ( for example), an autodimming rear view mirror. Dealer doesn't even have a part number for it..what has happened to the Toyota logistics? Lastly, the back of the passenger seat came loose..dealer will fix.

What was Toyota thinking with the the Suspension on 2013 Avalon?
By yardmen

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a previous Avalon owner of two Avalon's. They were good cars. Now I own a 2013 Avalon. The ride is very harsh with bumps being transmitted into the cabin as noticeable knocks. Road noise is terrible on worn asphalts and concrete roads. The head lights cut off to soon on low beam. The seats are very hard making a long trip unpleasant. I now wish that I had not purchased this car.

I like the plush interior of the car. I think the overall design of the car is nice looking. Gas mileage is better than my previous Avalon's.

Fix the harsh ride. Install more insulation to quiet the road noise. Upgrade the radio. Extend head lights cutoff when on low beam.