Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

A Larger version of a Lexus ES 350
By David Lewandoski

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Qi-Charger/Bluetooth Android non-compatible
By David

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a Avalon XLE Premium and thought it would be nice to upgrade my phone to be compatible with this feature. It appears the the engineers didn't check or care to see if Apple (the only phone that works with the bluetooth and apps) actually made a phone with this ability. Only android phones currently have it and they don't connect with the bluetooth. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Just OK not luxurious like a Lexus
By Van

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're looking to go with the so called higher end Toyota in hopes of saving money over a comparable ES 300 or 350, don't do it. It won't work because the Avalon isn't as luxurious.

Avalon Definitely Not A Bomb
By Chris Jones

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our third Avalon. With that being said, it is refreshing to see that 2013 received a lot of design changes on the exterior as well as the interior. I have to say I like every one of them including the tires and wheels. We were lucky to find a 2013 with only 16500 miles on it. I think I got a fair deal, but not what I consider a great deal. I really like the ride comfort, and the instrumentation on it. My last Avalon had the 6 disc changer instead of GPS, and it was a limited also. I would still be driving it if not for some screwball that blasted us from the back on I-40 doing 40 mph while traffic was stopped. It totaled the car. I do get 31 on the highway and it rounds out to about 25 mph on highway and city driving. I really have fallen in love with the Avalon all over again with the new design. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Avalon to pay a few extra bucks and get it loaded with a limited model. The car handles well with the Michelin tires, and I'll be giving it a total road trip from North Carolina to Florida shortly. I can't wait.

Toyota Scores With Epic Retool
By Chris Jones

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a brilliant piece of machinery. The aerodynamic lines are perfectly matched to create a breathtaking image. We bought ours used with only about 16.5k miles on her. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it. The interior is a spaceship like masterpiece. The touch sensitive buttons make life so much easier and less likely to break. The heated/ventilated front seats are also a pleasure to use. On the exterior, one of the impressive things is the LED running lights. The rear LED tail lights is also a great addition to this body style. I would have to say that I enjoy driving this Avalon Limited quite a bit more than the previous 3 Limited's I've owned. Granted, it's handling and steering is much stiffer, but i prefer to feel the road. The seats are fine, a little stiff, but they hld up well, and are universally adjustable. Overall, I would say if you can find a used 2013 with low mileage, it's a no brainer. Buy it.