Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Very pleased from a car guy
64 of 76,883 people found this review helpful
By jtallequipment

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 1000 miles on my 2013 Avalon. I am very impressed with the car. I am a bit of a car nut. I own 5 cars, a 1970 Trans Am, a 1976 Bronco, both consistent show winners, a Corvette convertible, and a Z71 Tahoe. I purchased the Avalon on November 30. I traded in a 2009 Cadillac CTS that was loaded with every option, 3.6 DI engine and all wheel drive. I do not regret my decision at all. This car is fantastic. In comparison to the CTS the car is quiter, smoother, handles better and I think its faster. It is much roomier and the fit and finish are first rate. I first test drove the 2013 ES and I find that the Avalon is less soft, more of a drivers car and the quality seemed the same.

Favorite Features

Ebin, Entune, Blind Spot Monitor, roominess, interior quality of materials and ergonomics. This car feels like it was really well put together. It is as near to perfect (Fit and Finish) as any car I have ever purchased. I do not like the look as much as I liked the Cadillac but I like the whole car much more.

Suggested Improvements

Better Brochure and Owners Manual

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!
By mr_hydraulics

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

Favorite Features

Handling and performance. Sound system and navigation are excellent - it even alerts to instant road closures on the Interstates and severe local weather. The quality of the interior materials and workmanship is outstanding! Mechanics are first rate with performance, cornering, ride and stiffer suspension. Much better vehicle than my older Avalon.

Suggested Improvements

They missed water bottle and larger storage areas for the door locations, but, that is a small issue. The map pockets behind the seats are fairly useless because they don't expand to remove anything.

Great Car
By arillo

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just leased this car this past weekend. Looked at Impala, Taurus, 300, ES350 and Toyota Avalon. Decided to get the Avalon after driving the cars. The car handles great. Did not feel like past reviews that car was too stiff or noisy on highway. I will update this if it changes.

Favorite Features

Different modes of driving. Eco mode is great on highway and gas mileage is great. If you have a blue tooth phone can get APPS on screen. Car handles great in any of the modes. Blind Spot monitor works great.

Suggested Improvements

I hope Toyota can find a way if the car is running and you walk away from car with key(pod) in pocket it beeps or cars shits off.

Awesome car
By wilk

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Avalon XLE Premium 6 weeks ago. I selected the metallic black with tan interior. I have gotten a lot of comments from friends, valets, and doorman on the car. They are blown away with the look and feel of the car inside and out. I commute 50 miles a day and now love my commute. Traded in a 2004 Nissan Maxima LS. While it was a great car it does not even come close to the style quality and performance of my Avalon. I am a true believer and could not be happier with my Avalon!

Won over
By sullivan3

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Avalon Touring XLE model in March 2013. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the ride. I thought there was too much road feel. This October, I drove it to Ohio and Indiana from Florida. It performed amazingly and I am now smitten with this machine. I really enjoy driving it and on a smooth road, it is terrific. I am averaging nearly 30 mpg . My driving is all at 60mph where I live . No regrets on this purchase.