2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
64 of 64,585 people found this review helpful
Very pleased from a car guy
By jtallequipment on 12/26/12 12:16 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 1000 miles on my 2013 Avalon. I am very impressed with the car. I am a bit of a car nut. I own 5 cars, a 1970 Trans Am, a 1976 Bronco, both consistent show winners, a Corvette convertible, and a Z71 Tahoe. I purchased the Avalon on November 30. I traded in a 2009 Cadillac CTS that was loaded with every option, 3.6 DI engine and all wheel drive. I do not regret my decision at all. This car is fantastic. In comparison to the CTS the car is quiter, smoother, handles better and I think its faster. It is much roomier and the fit and finish are first rate. I first test drove the 2013 ES and I find that the Avalon is less soft, more of a drivers car and the quality seemed the same.

Excellent Ride
By col411 on 02/01/13 03:57 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car made me double take. I saw the new design and finally toyota is targeting a younger demographic. I have the Moulin Rouge with the black leather interior. The handling is great, good acceleration to get around traffic on the interstate. The seats are very comfortable. Entune is nice, the navigation is easier to manage than my 08 Sequoia Limited. I don't have the phone charging plate which is a head scratcher. The side mirrors should be power folding.But other than that I would highly recommend the new Avalon for anyone shopping for a large sedan. i commute 160 miles round trip to work and i love driving now.

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!
By mr_hydraulics on 04/09/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

Just What I Needed
By twigster on 08/24/13 08:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my "highway" car. Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability. I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control. Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car" or want to "feel the road". Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads". Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road.

Awesome car
By wilk on 04/19/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Avalon XLE Premium 6 weeks ago. I selected the metallic black with tan interior. I have gotten a lot of comments from friends, valets, and doorman on the car. They are blown away with the look and feel of the car inside and out. I commute 50 miles a day and now love my commute. Traded in a 2004 Nissan Maxima LS. While it was a great car it does not even come close to the style quality and performance of my Avalon. I am a true believer and could not be happier with my Avalon!

Won over
By sullivan3 on 11/25/13 06:55 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Avalon Touring XLE model in March 2013. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the ride. I thought there was too much road feel. This October, I drove it to Ohio and Indiana from Florida. It performed amazingly and I am now smitten with this machine. I really enjoy driving it and on a smooth road, it is terrific. I am averaging nearly 30 mpg . My driving is all at 60mph where I live . No regrets on this purchase.

After a couple of months
By 2013limited on 03/26/13 10:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for luxury replacements for my 2007 Avalon XL when the new 2013 first showed up at my dealer. It changed my whole perspective. It was not like any Avalon that I had seen! The interior was completely changed and the tan variation was sporty and masculine. The drive and control felt like some of the performance cars that I had before. It was a no brainer, I could have the looks, luxury, and performance that I wanted with the reliability of a Toyota and for $30,000 less cost (I paid cash). I didn't realize how "nice" it could be to drive a car...I really enjoy my time on the road.

Great Car
By arillo on 04/01/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just leased this car this past weekend. Looked at Impala, Taurus, 300, ES350 and Toyota Avalon. Decided to get the Avalon after driving the cars. The car handles great. Did not feel like past reviews that car was too stiff or noisy on highway. I will update this if it changes.

2013 Toyota Avalon Touring
By billyboy6 on 04/20/13 06:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice car for the money. Bought at CarMax in Laural, MD. They gave me $3000 off MSRP. Worth every penny~ Drove it back home to PA and avg 28 mpg on the trip. Avg'ing 24 in mixed driving. Very sporty to drive, roomy, gorgeous interior, seats were a little hard but everything else was spot on. Love this car! I researched cars in the $33000 - $35,000 price range with NO cvt trannsmission and this was easily the best car in the price range. I test drove them all. The Honda Accord Touring was my 2nd fav.

Avalon - A luxury but affordable full size sedan
By francisr12 on 05/26/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before anything else, let me say this "this is the third Toyota I owned and drove more than 160,000 on my previous two without any breakdown or problem even a minor one. I looked for a comfortable full size sedan for my family with two kids instead of a minivan or SUV due to MPG issue. I decided to purchase an Avalon XLE after test drive of Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima & Infinity G37..So far I confidently say I made a right choice. The car handling may not be as sporty as the Infinity, inside its cabin we can really enjoy the quality of the Bluetooth audio system because it is so quite thanks to the use of noise reduction glass & its air drag coefficient of 0.28.