Used 2012 Toyota Avalon Limited Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

My new boo!
By K. Marshall

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My previous car was a 2006 Ford Five Hundred (large and sturdy), so transitioning to the Avalon took a bit getting used to as the Avalon sets lower to the ground than the 500 and I'm an older driver. I purchased the car used in May 2015 and could not have made a better purchase. She's beautiful and so impressive to look at, her drive is smooth, and the speaker system is out of this world - I have the Avalon Limited with all the convenience features. A bonus for me was she only had 6,600 miles on her - how lucky was I. She handles well and has great acceleration. Some of the categories I can't rate yet (snow traction, active safety, repair frequency) since I've only owned her for 5 months, but when you run her through the car wash, she shines like new money!

L-O-V-E this car!
46 of 151,671 people found this review helpful
By smokeyjoe

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with the "boats" of the 1970s, driving used Caddys, Pontiacs & Buicks that wouldn't fit in a modern garage. I loved the "float" and the overall comfort those cars provided.
I seriously considered a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis and Caddy DTS before noticing the Avalon.

The Caddy was too pricey and the interior didn't really suit me...the CV/GM just were so outdated that I wouldn't be happy. The Avalon is a perfect mix of comfort and amenities.

The rear seat is so spacious that my 4-yo's feet can't reach back of my seat! The steering wheel tilts far down like the cars of yesteryear (and current Buicks) and telescopes right to me. I love how the car rides. I would recommend it..HIGHLY!!

Interior design Steering wheel tilts farther down than anyone else's besides Buick, and telescopes out far enough that I can drive with my hand on top of the steering wheel Instant MPG calculator 25 MPG in mixed driving...3 MPG more than my wife's Fusion!

Audio system is...okay. Definitely not audiophile quality. Would suggest an upgrade. Keep the car's overall length AS-IS....stop shrinking all the cars, auto makers! Better exterior styling is in order...this car really doesn't evoke any emotion or opinion, positive or negative. It just....is.