Used 2012 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Used but looks brand new!
By Joseph Iero

2012 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2012 CPO Avalon. It has been great so far. Very comfortable, engine responsive and gives good gas mileage. Ave. 25mpg so far. Can probably get 28 or 29 depending on how you drive. The interior is well designed and everything looks and feels like quality. The speedometer would benefit from cleaner markings. (Looks like they remedied it in later years) Not many things I can complain about. If you are looking for a comfortable car that can carry 5 people in comfort and gets great gas mileage, look for one of these. You won't be sorry.

What a Sedan Should Be
By D. Jones

2012 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2012 Avalon was the last year of the larger size sedan. The comfort, styling and ride are outstanding. The engine performs well with mileage of 23-24 around town and as high as 32 highway at 70 mph. If you could design your own larger sedan...this would be it. Toyota could use more fiber optic lighting of switches and door window/lock controls. Hard to see some door mounted switches, mirror adjustment controls, etc. in the dark. Dash lighting is fine. Overall a great vehicle. Maintenance/repair record has been excellent. Reliability is the best!

My new boo!
By K. Marshall

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My previous car was a 2006 Ford Five Hundred (large and sturdy), so transitioning to the Avalon took a bit getting used to as the Avalon sets lower to the ground than the 500 and I'm an older driver. I purchased the car used in May 2015 and could not have made a better purchase. She's beautiful and so impressive to look at, her drive is smooth, and the speaker system is out of this world - I have the Avalon Limited with all the convenience features. A bonus for me was she only had 6,600 miles on her - how lucky was I. She handles well and has great acceleration. Some of the categories I can't rate yet (snow traction, active safety, repair frequency) since I've only owned her for 5 months, but when you run her through the car wash, she shines like new money!

L-O-V-E this car!
46 of 151,591 people found this review helpful
By smokeyjoe

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with the "boats" of the 1970s, driving used Caddys, Pontiacs & Buicks that wouldn't fit in a modern garage. I loved the "float" and the overall comfort those cars provided.
I seriously considered a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis and Caddy DTS before noticing the Avalon.

The Caddy was too pricey and the interior didn't really suit me...the CV/GM just were so outdated that I wouldn't be happy. The Avalon is a perfect mix of comfort and amenities.

The rear seat is so spacious that my 4-yo's feet can't reach back of my seat! The steering wheel tilts far down like the cars of yesteryear (and current Buicks) and telescopes right to me. I love how the car rides. I would recommend it..HIGHLY!!

Interior design Steering wheel tilts farther down than anyone else's besides Buick, and telescopes out far enough that I can drive with my hand on top of the steering wheel Instant MPG calculator 25 MPG in mixed driving...3 MPG more than my wife's Fusion!

Audio system is...okay. Definitely not audiophile quality. Would suggest an upgrade. Keep the car's overall length AS-IS....stop shrinking all the cars, auto makers! Better exterior styling is in order...this car really doesn't evoke any emotion or opinion, positive or negative. It just....is.