2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: My Third Avalon is a Lemon!

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

My Third Avalon is a Lemon!
By lindy_lou on

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Avalon Limited new in Dec.2011. It is not the same quality of my two previous Avalons. Last one was 2002 with 176K miles and it ran smoother and quieter than the new one. Wind comes in window, I'm told it's normal due to mirrow (doesn't do it on passenger side). Rides rough, worse than my husbands F250 4x4 diesel. Lots and lots of road noise. Not a quiet car at all. Rear passenger window broke (fixed now), rear reclining seat broke (part ordered). Brakes feel mushy, Struts seem non-existent. Car really sat low when 2 adults and 2 teens with 4 bags packed (not heavy..trunk too small to pack much). Toyota dealer tells me everything is normal and up to Toyota specs. Bad Car!!

extended drivers seat

Use better quality for interior, looks cheap, definitely not luxury! Better carpet, also looks cheap. Better suspension system. Better brakes, as sometimes the car feels like it's not going to stop. Larger trunk. Better seals around windows, even though I was told it was a normal wind rush around the mirror, I know it is not because it doesn't happen on the passenger side, and the noise is very irritating. Toyota really failed on this model. Previous Avalons were of much better quality (Lexus quality) that I owned. Really, really regret this purchase. I paid cash and now wish I had gone with the Buick Enclave instead.