My 2011 Avalon Limited
By Twin B on
2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This car is a terrific full size sedan, roomy and comfortable with all the amenities I need. But the driver's seat is too firm for my taste and could use more padding. Visibility is poor toward the rear and side. Handling is fine; those who say it handles like a 60's 'luxo barge' don't know what they're talking about. I've owned many large sedans in the 50's - 70's and none approaches the handling of this Avalon. The HID headlamps illuminate my whole field of vision and at night the bright clarity makes me feel like I'm in a space ship. The MPG dashboard display is an unnecessary distracting toy. A glaring mistake is the absence of a sun visor extension. Interior fit/finish is top notch
Favorite Features
JBL sound system. Steering feel, tilt/telescoping wheel. HID headlamps, led tail lamps. Sunroof. Attractive wheels, exterior styling. Interior fit/finish. Self-dimming rear/side view mirrors. Large letters on controls & stereo, big knobs. Doors open very wide. Very quiet inside, well insulated ride.
Suggested Improvements
Get gray carpet mats to match the stone interior, black mats look stupid and show dirt. Dump the MPG dash display. Add much more cushioning to seats. Rear seat backs should fold down to allow access from trunk. Electric windows require too much button fiddling to lower just an inch, less sensitivity.