Most comfortable car
By joseph on
2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is the most comfortable car I have driven in 48 years of driving. Very roomy interior; feels like a luxury car. I road tested the BMW, Infinity, Lexus, and Acura. Avalon beats them hands down in every respect. Unless you want to pretend you're an Indy driver, this car has the best road feel. I recommend you test drive this car before making a purchase on another similar vehicle.
Favorite Features
Unmatched driving comfort, beautiful interior, very comfortable back seats. Regular gas.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation needs to be more user friendly.
By cathyouel
on 03/07/11 18:08 PM (PST)

Hello Fellow Avalon Owners, I am writing to you to ask for a small –but very important--favor. We all have something in common: We all looked at various cars and decided that the Toyota Avalon was the car we wanted only to find out (too late) after buying it that the front seats were soooo uncomfortable during long rides (especially driver’s side!). Many of us (my husband and myself included) did not notice the lack of adequate padding during our test drives, as the lack of padding does not show up until you have driven the car for at least 45 minutes or more. Now we feel stuck, with no where to turn. We’re frustrated, as we’ve spent our hard earned dollars on this car, only to be sorely disappointed by the seats. So today, my husband called Toyota and registered the seat complaint, establishing a formal case number with Toyota. The Toyota phone rep stated that new cases are reviewed on a monthly basis. If there are “sufficient numbers” of similar complaints on a common problem, Toyota will then create a Special Service Campaign to rectify the problem. This is where I need a small favor. If you have not yet contacted Toyota and gotten a formal case number for your Avalon seat issue, I am asking that you do so ASAP. It only takes a few minutes. The more us that report this problem, and do it quickly, the better! If Toyota sees several of these complaints all happening at once, we have a much better shot at getting our beautiful cars fixed so that we can enjoy them the way we thought we would!!! There’s obviously no guarantee, but if we do nothing, then Toyota will never know they have problem. Can you help??? I have included the Toyota contact info below from their web site. When you call, they will likely ask you for your vehicle identification number (VIN), which is the quickest way for them to identify you and your Avalon. If you don’t have this, they can still identify you and your car, it will just take a bit longer. Customer Experience Center Phone: 800-331-4331 Fax: 310-468-7814 Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST Or send correspondence to: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 19001 South Western Ave. Dept. WC11 Torrance, CA 90501