2011 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Malfunctioning extras are a pain

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

Malfunctioning extras are a pain
By japelo on

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review by saying that the first Avalon I had was excellent. I had it 7 yrs. & traded only because someone hit me. The 2011 Avalon I have now is also an excellent ride, but the wind noise and some of its extras are more trouble than they're worth.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, nicely done interior and exterior, roomy. Seats 5 adults comfortably and the back seat actually has more leg room than the front.

Suggested Improvements

I live in a part of Texas where it seldom rains in the summer. Yet, my "automatic" windshield wipers just randomly come on when it's hot. The rear sun screen also comes up intermittently. After 6 times at the dealer's, the Toyota experts said automatic wipers were supposed to come on when it doesn't rain and that we should keep the wipers in manual until it started raining. Really? No solution yet for the screen, either. It would be better not to have these features than having faulty design.