2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: A home run!

2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

A home run!
By Neil on

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned and run a BMW shop for 33 yrs. but for many reasons my last several new cars have been been Toyotas, three of which have been Avalons ('02XL,'05Touring,'11Limited). After 5 years of owning the '05, I looked extensively at alternate brands, but decided on the '11. Toyota changed it just enough for me not to feel it to be a clone of the '05(which I've kept). Beautiful inside and out, excellent assembly, up to a calculated 33/34 hwy MPG (on 87 octane), as fast as an '86 Buick Grand National muscle car I bought new way back when, tomb- like interior quietness, reliable track record, JBL, very competitive pricing. Wow, what's not to like?! Best "full" size sedan value on earth.

Reliable reputation, smoothness, quietness, power, economy, etc., it's all good!

My 8 rating for fun to drive is because I got used to the firmer Touring suspension on my '05. Wish it had been an option for '11. Also steering effort is somewhat light for my tastes.