Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Don't buy a 2011 Avalon
By Gordon

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 Avalon has problems with the rear window sun screen, heater/AC, and windshield wipers, the GPS is useless and the wind noise is worse than any car I a have ever owned. The dealer admits the problems, contacted Toyota, and Toyota will do nothing about any of them and neither will the dealer. Do not buy this vehicle.

A home run!
By Neil

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned and run a BMW shop for 33 yrs. but for many reasons my last several new cars have been been Toyotas, three of which have been Avalons ('02XL,'05Touring,'11Limited). After 5 years of owning the '05, I looked extensively at alternate brands, but decided on the '11. Toyota changed it just enough for me not to feel it to be a clone of the '05(which I've kept). Beautiful inside and out, excellent assembly, up to a calculated 33/34 hwy MPG (on 87 octane), as fast as an '86 Buick Grand National muscle car I bought new way back when, tomb- like interior quietness, reliable track record, JBL, very competitive pricing. Wow, what's not to like?! Best "full" size sedan value on earth.

Favorite Features

Reliable reputation, smoothness, quietness, power, economy, etc., it's all good!

Suggested Improvements

My 8 rating for fun to drive is because I got used to the firmer Touring suspension on my '05. Wish it had been an option for '11. Also steering effort is somewhat light for my tastes.

Lexus Beware!
By Charles Cohen

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being in the tire business and an auto enthusiast, I was skeptical at first as I had looked at a Lexus product also. This car has a smooth ride, amazing back seat room, a powerful engine and just delivered an amazing 32.1 MPG on a recent interstate drive. This auto is a "well kept" secret that needs to be unleashed on the automobile public who enjoy a smooth ride, volumes of interior room, etc. and is competitive with Lexus in value and features!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, fabulous JBL Stereo, Amazing smooth and powerful engine , silky smooth ride and amazingly quiet ride, cavernous rear seat room!!!

Suggested Improvements

Move temperature display to center dash, Illuminate console and storage compartments with LED lighting. Power tilt and telescoping wheel instead of manual levers.

A Smart Man's Lexus
By He Dog

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned 2006 and 2010 Avalon Limiteds. The 2011 is bit better. I don't know why, but fuel mileage increased over 2010, but it's a good thing. Pavement noises are pretty much absent. Riding over pavement irregularities is superb. Space, ergonomics, textures, panels, grains, and the like fit well, look, well, and are pleasing to the eye. I've never purchased the navigation system. The engine and transmission are smooth. Heating, including the seats, and air conditioning are wonderful. Blizzard Pearl and the beige leather are fine color combinations. Low road and wind noise. I don't understand the "9" ratings for MPG, but at 75 MPH I get 34-35 on road. Needs more thing support.

Favorite Features

MPG, ride, low noise, engine and transmission performance, fit and finish, interior design, and silhouette. Twenty-four month free oil and filter changes, and other preventative maintenance services.

Suggested Improvements

Add 2 inches,or so, to the depth of the front seats, or otherwise improve thigh support.

Best Car On The Road
By ToyotaMan

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 exterior and interior design is very appealing. The engine is spunky. Car is fun to drive and oozes with luxury, quality, safety, and class. We're proud to drive the car and it has the new Toyota five point safety system on it. Engine is not as efficient as the same engine was in our 2006 Avalon.

Favorite Features

Exterior & interior style. GPS navigation system & the bluetooth functions. The soothing, snow white instrument panel lighting.

Suggested Improvements

Move external temp readout back to center panel for passengers to view.