2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
4th Avalon
By AutoDrone on 06/29/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Between my family and I we have owned every model of Avalon Toyota has ever made. They've never been particularly striking cars, but they've been great bang-for-the-buck and the rear legroom is unbeatable. The 2011 exterior changes that, it looks 1000 times better. Unfortunately the interior seems to have been downgraded. The "faux-wood" has less shine and looks like a rental car and the fake brushed metal (plastic) center console is ugly and overhangs the rest of the dash by a good inch. The quality of the stitching in the rear seats seems lower as well. I really wanted to like this car based on the tech/look upgrades, but the interior changes are low rent. New version in 2 years.

Company Car
By Businessman on 06/29/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently picked up a 2011 Avalon as my new company car. Before getting company cars I have owned both the Lexus ES and GS models. While the Avalon is not a Lexus, its total package could be classified between the ES and GS. Ride and handling soft, but everything is a trade off.

Most comfortable car
By joseph on 06/21/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable car I have driven in 48 years of driving. Very roomy interior; feels like a luxury car. I road tested the BMW, Infinity, Lexus, and Acura. Avalon beats them hands down in every respect. Unless you want to pretend you're an Indy driver, this car has the best road feel. I recommend you test drive this car before making a purchase on another similar vehicle.

The Best of the pack
By Marv on 06/09/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned the first Avalon made and many in between and the most recent 2008. I was doubtful about the changes in styling for the 2011 that I read about. Well, I bought the Avalon and fell in love with the changes to the interior. It seems more upscale. The dash is beautiful. The exterior styling is an improvement. People ask me when I got my Lexus. I say it's an Avalon, they are surprised. I couldn't be happier. I have no complaints at all. The car drives like a dream. I can't wait to drive it every chance I get. It's so quiet. I love the blue tooth, so easy to get it going. I never thought I would pay for satellite radio, but I got hooked. The memory drivers seat is so wonderful.

Lexus LS for Half The Price
By Stuart on 06/05/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Avalon, from 2005 to 2008 to the new 2011, all Limiteds. Each one was better than the last and this is the best yet. I got the new zephyr blue color and it is absolutely stunning. This "redesign" is not much different than the old version but it still looks great and current. Smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride, back seat that feels like a limo. Newly upgraded NAV system with back-up camera. All the bells and whistles you want in a luxury vehicle. I cannot understand why anyone would pay double the price for a Lexus LS.

2011 Avalon
By Bill on 06/05/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a 1999 Avalon for the last 8 years, so I'm already a fan of the brand. Ordered the Avalon from the dealer, requesting Cypress Pearl/Ivory with upgraded stereo and 5 pc mat set only. It ended up taking a little over 2 months from order date, 45 days if you're counting from build date. The car was definitely worth waiting for. The thing that strikes me most is the quietness in the cabin, whether on a city street, county road, or highway. The quality of workmanship is excellent. The exterior is pleasing yet not exactly attention grabbing true, but I don't really need attention, didn't buy the car for that. The interior is more important to me, and I'm very happy with that.

2011 Cocoa Bean Limited
By John on 05/22/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my first Avalon. I've been looking at them for a couple of years. The 2011 has everything I wanted and then some. Smooth and quite ride, with the best sound system on the market. I've owned a Sienna and a Prius and am now trading in a Honda CR-V. Look forward to enjoying many comfortable miles on the highway.

Welcome refuge
By WrP1997 on 05/22/10 05:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving 35K a year in an economy car has the body calling out for more comfort. Compared every luxury/full size car available from BMW to KIA. When you total everything up: MPG/Comfort/Fuel Type/Maintenance/ Price/Features/ Reliability and Design the Avalon is a pretty clear choice. New cabin is clean, clear and concise which instills in you a feeling of unpretentious elegance. The cocoa bean metallic paint is possibly the best color available by any manufacture this year. I have only had mine two weeks but fully expect my Avalon to be a trusted part of our family for the next 10 years.

Another winner
By RapidRobert on 05/19/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a '11 Limited after looking at pre-owned '09 & '10. The car just oozes quality. Unbelievable power from a V6 in a large car, especially given the outstanding gas mileage. I get 26- 29 mpg. Nice styling changes to the front & rear ends as well as the dashboard. NAV has been improved & has a backup camera, too. Several optional items are now standard. In reality the price for the Limited has gone down! Before you buy a competitor, drive the Avalon. Dollar for dollar you can not beat it!

So far so great
By Retired & carefree on 05/07/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with the car. It has met or exceeded my expectations. Did a lot of research before buying. This is my 1st full size/luxury car. It's a lot of money but it's a heck of a lot of car! With the problems Toyota's reputation is facing today incredible discounts are out there on even new 2011's. But even their MSRP prices beat the snot out of the competition. Tremendous engine, transmission, ride & comfort. Quick as this car is it gets phenomenal mileage. Once you've driven one, you will want it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon in VA is:

$106 per month*