Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Good Car But
By jlm

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are two design deficiencies I have noted so far. Foremost, there is a severe glare of the dash on the windshield when driving into the sun or with the sun on your left shoulder and hitting the dash. The "hump" over the instrument panel reflects onto the windshield directly in the drivers view. I have not experienced anything of this magnitude in my 73 yrs. Secondly, and a minor flaw, when the sun shines on the digital clock the white numbers become red and you don't see the actual time. For example, at 3:43 pm I was seeing "1388" in red numbers. I blocked the sun and saw the correct time with white numbers. I would not have bought had I been aware of the reflection.

Redesign the dash to correct problems caused by the sun.

Edmunds Wrong
By Lucas Boxley

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love Edmunds but, how can you give the hard riding noisy Honda Accord 7.8 and give Avalon 7.3 the Honda cannot come close. I traded es350 a great car which was my fourth Lexus and I cannot be more pleased. This is the smoothest and quiet car on road yes there is body lean at times, but to those of us know and are not caught up in cornering and skid-pat testing who love real world driving this is a great car

ride, comfort, gas mileage, jbl,backseat

better gps

4th Avalon
By donb

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up a new Pearl White/Ivory Limited. Traded in my 2005 XLS on it. I like almost everything about the car. Did much cross shopping with LaCrosse, Genesis and ES350. All great cars. Was down to the ES and the Avy. I went with the Avy over the ES because I felt I got more value. The 4 yr warranty and great dealership experience was basically matched by the 25,000 mi 2 yr free maintenance. The past experiences of my 3 previous Avalons was the deciding factor. I am dead center in the target audience for the Avalon and I appreciate many of the features, like clarity of instruments and displays. The car is full of goodies I am still finding. Really enjoy the improvements from 2005.

The change in the dashboard. The smooth ride is all I could ask for. All then new techie stuff is really fun to play with. The HID lights are great as well. The car just feels classy and very high end. It is every bit as good or better than the Lexus ES350 and it has more features for less money.

Ambient lighting would really pump up the interior look. Power tilt and telescoping wheel tied to the memory seats (BIG omission I think). This car is really designed for older folks. I think that a "geezer" alert for blinkers would be great or put the indicators in the mirror like they were before

Don't buy a 2011 Avalon
By Gordon

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 Avalon has problems with the rear window sun screen, heater/AC, and windshield wipers, the GPS is useless and the wind noise is worse than any car I a have ever owned. The dealer admits the problems, contacted Toyota, and Toyota will do nothing about any of them and neither will the dealer. Do not buy this vehicle.

A home run!
By Neil

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned and run a BMW shop for 33 yrs. but for many reasons my last several new cars have been been Toyotas, three of which have been Avalons ('02XL,'05Touring,'11Limited). After 5 years of owning the '05, I looked extensively at alternate brands, but decided on the '11. Toyota changed it just enough for me not to feel it to be a clone of the '05(which I've kept). Beautiful inside and out, excellent assembly, up to a calculated 33/34 hwy MPG (on 87 octane), as fast as an '86 Buick Grand National muscle car I bought new way back when, tomb- like interior quietness, reliable track record, JBL, very competitive pricing. Wow, what's not to like?! Best "full" size sedan value on earth.

Reliable reputation, smoothness, quietness, power, economy, etc., it's all good!

My 8 rating for fun to drive is because I got used to the firmer Touring suspension on my '05. Wish it had been an option for '11. Also steering effort is somewhat light for my tastes.