2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: 4th Avalon

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

4th Avalon
By donb on

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up a new Pearl White/Ivory Limited. Traded in my 2005 XLS on it. I like almost everything about the car. Did much cross shopping with LaCrosse, Genesis and ES350. All great cars. Was down to the ES and the Avy. I went with the Avy over the ES because I felt I got more value. The 4 yr warranty and great dealership experience was basically matched by the 25,000 mi 2 yr free maintenance. The past experiences of my 3 previous Avalons was the deciding factor. I am dead center in the target audience for the Avalon and I appreciate many of the features, like clarity of instruments and displays. The car is full of goodies I am still finding. Really enjoy the improvements from 2005.

The change in the dashboard. The smooth ride is all I could ask for. All then new techie stuff is really fun to play with. The HID lights are great as well. The car just feels classy and very high end. It is every bit as good or better than the Lexus ES350 and it has more features for less money.

Ambient lighting would really pump up the interior look. Power tilt and telescoping wheel tied to the memory seats (BIG omission I think). This car is really designed for older folks. I think that a "geezer" alert for blinkers would be great or put the indicators in the mirror like they were before