2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Don't buy a 2011 Avalon
By Gordon on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 Avalon has problems with the rear window sun screen, heater/AC, and windshield wipers, the GPS is useless and the wind noise is worse than any car I a have ever owned. The dealer admits the problems, contacted Toyota, and Toyota will do nothing about any of them and neither will the dealer. Do not buy this vehicle.

Lexus Beware!
By Charles Cohen on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being in the tire business and an auto enthusiast, I was skeptical at first as I had looked at a Lexus product also. This car has a smooth ride, amazing back seat room, a powerful engine and just delivered an amazing 32.1 MPG on a recent interstate drive. This auto is a "well kept" secret that needs to be unleashed on the automobile public who enjoy a smooth ride, volumes of interior room, etc. and is competitive with Lexus in value and features!

A home run!
By Neil on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned and run a BMW shop for 33 yrs. but for many reasons my last several new cars have been been Toyotas, three of which have been Avalons ('02XL,'05Touring,'11Limited). After 5 years of owning the '05, I looked extensively at alternate brands, but decided on the '11. Toyota changed it just enough for me not to feel it to be a clone of the '05(which I've kept). Beautiful inside and out, excellent assembly, up to a calculated 33/34 hwy MPG (on 87 octane), as fast as an '86 Buick Grand National muscle car I bought new way back when, tomb- like interior quietness, reliable track record, JBL, very competitive pricing. Wow, what's not to like?! Best "full" size sedan value on earth.

A Smart Man's Lexus
By He Dog on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned 2006 and 2010 Avalon Limiteds. The 2011 is bit better. I don't know why, but fuel mileage increased over 2010, but it's a good thing. Pavement noises are pretty much absent. Riding over pavement irregularities is superb. Space, ergonomics, textures, panels, grains, and the like fit well, look, well, and are pleasing to the eye. I've never purchased the navigation system. The engine and transmission are smooth. Heating, including the seats, and air conditioning are wonderful. Blizzard Pearl and the beige leather are fine color combinations. Low road and wind noise. I don't understand the "9" ratings for MPG, but at 75 MPH I get 34-35 on road. Needs more thing support.

Best Car On The Road
By ToyotaMan on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 exterior and interior design is very appealing. The engine is spunky. Car is fun to drive and oozes with luxury, quality, safety, and class. We're proud to drive the car and it has the new Toyota five point safety system on it. Engine is not as efficient as the same engine was in our 2006 Avalon.

Dream came true in Texas
By john boy on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Little over 5000 miles, you can not beat the quietness and the ride. This is our 4th Toyota car, you can see the quality control inside/out, I don't get tired driving this vehicle

Love it!
By Jimbob on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from a round trip to Illinois and driving the speed limits, averaged 33 mpg, which includes a traffic tie up in the Twin Cities, and side winds the entire trip. Couldn't be any better! Fantastic ride and handling!

Try a Buick Lucerne
By Dino on 09/07/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am in the shopping process & have driven nearly every competitor & rate the Buick Lucerne as the best in this class overall. The Avalon does not offer the Blind side warning system, chrome wheels & the trunk is much smaller than the Lucerne which costs less w/the discounts available. The Avalon is faster but the exterior look is dated & not as impressive in my opinion as the Lucerne. Ford is out of the game w/their ugly Taurus which has an almost useless trunk & such poor visibility that it is a wonder the NTSB allows it on the road? The foreign buck boards are reserved for the road & track people.

Is it Lexus LS/GS. No is 2011 AVALON
By WOW WOW on 08/31/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not sure why people say its an old person car maybe i think they don't know the history or to much knowledge about cars or possibly in my opinion they see other people driving and want to but the same cars. Anyways to me Avalon is very very comfortable, Great interior,GREAT everything.Yes i use to think AVALON was an old person car until i saw the 2011. I previously owned g37, bmw3 series, lexus gs and other vehicles but so far the best is the Avalon. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR.Trust me you cannot go wrong. Just so you can know I am 31 yr old. You don't have to be in 50s or 60s to own one go out there and test drive. Trust me you will enjoy the ride.

Very Close to Lexus
By zdude on 08/30/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Lexus LS430 for the Avalon and so far I really like it. It handles better than I expected and the gas milage has been fantastic! It has all the amenities I was wanting and so far has been trouble free. I drove 900 miles in one day last week (yes, 900 miles) and the journey was pretty comfortable the whole trip! So far I am very happy with my purchase. The car is no stunner in the looks department but I like it and prefer a less-flashy car in these times. Also, to the poster who said it was ugly why would you buy it based on all the negative comments you made? Didn't you see it / test drive it before you bought it? Maybe get help before your next purchase next time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$106 per month*