2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Noise & Handling Problems Etc.
By mrfinnigan on 06/12/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is excessive, I believe it is because of the Bridgestone tires. Also it is difficult to keep car from drifting all over the lane expecially when there is a little breeze. There is no valet lockout for trunk. Volume speed control on radio does not work. Can't see display on radio in daylight. Can't hear directional signal.

2nd one, and love it more!
By ncee on 06/04/11 05:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well my 2008 Touring Model was nice, but bot, this 2011 Limited Edition is just great. I would have never expected it to be that much smoother, quieter, more comfortable then the '08, but man IT IS! Now I had been considering a used LS 460 L, and if they had come to my terms, I would be owning one. Not sure if this would have been a bad / good thing. The LS L was a 2008 with 22,000 miles (45,000 less then my Avalon), and a great car, but a bit more and I had a budget I was going to stay with. Now the local Toyota dealer had just purchased a lot of promotional / print matter from us, so it did sway me a bit. Bottom line, right now I Love the car. Is there things I'd like changed - yes

poor pannel fit
By lizard533 on 05/23/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pannel fit is realy bad. Cabin is very very noisey driving on windy days. Good mileage 23-30. great power and smooth motor but so what noisey. my 08 ltd was about the same while 95 avy was a whole lot better all around, Need to start making then in JAPAN AGAIN!! BY till later.

Excellent Sedan
By s56ping on 04/17/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I have had if for two months and have put about 7000 miles on it. Having come from an SUV the last 15 years, the ride on the Avalon is a big plus. I really like the cabin room, smooth transmission and engine, and the overall classy interior. I have been averaging about 23 mpg combined, and have seen 29 mpg on the interstate. The radio and controls are easy to view and use. I have the base radio and its works great and even sounds great for a standard system. The only issue that I have is I could use a little more trunk room.

Smooth, Quiet, Fast, and Great Mileage!
By robsis on 12/25/10 08:24 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, are we impressed. This vehicle is such a great road car. Quiet, smooth ride, with lots of punch if you need to pass. 30+ MPG on the highway and 23-24 in town. Love the new dash re-design and the six-speed automatic. You can barely tell it's shifting. Plenty of room both in the front and back. Heated/cooled seats are a joy. Our friend, who drives a Lexus LS460, said our Avalon was quieter than his LS, and just as smooth on the open road. Our final choice was between the Avalon and a Genesis. Genesis was a nice vehicle; however, comparably equipped, the Avalon was thousands less and we liked the FWD for our snowy winters. Test drive it for 30 minutes or more and you'll be sold.

Good buy
By Gary on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Moved from an ES350 and really like the better visibility, ride (no boat float), comfort and especially much less road noise. Do hear the wiper motors and the whine of the transmission. Had to change out the horrible noisy wiper blades. Very cheap interior by comparison to others in class. It really has great handling compared to others in class. Not sure I will buy another until they get a better interior.

Not so impressed
By accountant on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a 12 year old camry. I thought I was moving upscale but after 3 months I have my doubts. The car runs smooth and has good power, satisfied with the mileage. The materials seem cheap. The panels on the exterior are poorly fit together and don't line up to each other anywhere. Everything is plastic. So far the airbag light was stuck on, they had to replace the seat belt latch. The trunk wouldn't close unless I slammed it hard as I could, they had to redrill and move the latch a little, the rubber weather stripping around the sun roof started peeling back, they glued it down, and now my compass keeps sticking on NE. I prefer my old Camry, more comfortable.

Good Car But
By jlm on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are two design deficiencies I have noted so far. Foremost, there is a severe glare of the dash on the windshield when driving into the sun or with the sun on your left shoulder and hitting the dash. The "hump" over the instrument panel reflects onto the windshield directly in the drivers view. I have not experienced anything of this magnitude in my 73 yrs. Secondly, and a minor flaw, when the sun shines on the digital clock the white numbers become red and you don't see the actual time. For example, at 3:43 pm I was seeing "1388" in red numbers. I blocked the sun and saw the correct time with white numbers. I would not have bought had I been aware of the reflection.

Edmunds Wrong
By Lucas Boxley on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love Edmunds but, how can you give the hard riding noisy Honda Accord 7.8 and give Avalon 7.3 the Honda cannot come close. I traded es350 a great car which was my fourth Lexus and I cannot be more pleased. This is the smoothest and quiet car on road yes there is body lean at times, but to those of us know and are not caught up in cornering and skid-pat testing who love real world driving this is a great car

4th Avalon
By donb on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up a new Pearl White/Ivory Limited. Traded in my 2005 XLS on it. I like almost everything about the car. Did much cross shopping with LaCrosse, Genesis and ES350. All great cars. Was down to the ES and the Avy. I went with the Avy over the ES because I felt I got more value. The 4 yr warranty and great dealership experience was basically matched by the 25,000 mi 2 yr free maintenance. The past experiences of my 3 previous Avalons was the deciding factor. I am dead center in the target audience for the Avalon and I appreciate many of the features, like clarity of instruments and displays. The car is full of goodies I am still finding. Really enjoy the improvements from 2005.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$106 per month*