Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Last of the great land yachts! Japanese Crown Vic!
By Indy Musician

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really, the ONLY negative things that can be said are the audio system is a bit lacking and the rear seats don't fold down.

I love the seats...the thigh support keeps my legs from being fatigued as they do in the Camry. The car just floats down the road. Lexus quality at a fraction of the cost. Tons of leg room, the steering wheel telescopes out far enough (and tilts low enough....think old Buicks) that I can sit back and cruise effortlessly.

Even the REAR seats have a feature to tilt back a bit!

The Nav system takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's quite effective.

I've owned the car since new....over five years now...and at almost 80,000 miles, I've had no maintenance issues to speak of. Just regular maintenance (tires, plugs) and I can see my land yacht going 200,000 miles EASY. LOVE this car!!!!!

Smooth
By robert.hinkle25@gmail.com

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car does a lot well. Ride is fantastic, acceleration is strong and the sound system is great. I have a Miata for fun and the handling for the Avalon is very respectable. The car is quiet inside but at highway speeds it could be a little quieter. Navigation works well. It can suffer from glare on the screen when sun is low.
But the car is easy to live with. Gas milage is much better than expected for a car this size. The rear seat comfort and room is amazing. It perfroms well in teh snow. The new versions suffer from stiff ride. Find a 2011-12 and hold on to it.

I love my Avalon!
By pennyj

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have not had my Avalon too long, but for the time I have had it...I adore it.
I have had many other cars, from Ford to Buick to Chevy, etc.
I am in love with this car.
It drives like a dream.
I slammed on the brakes in the rain and it stopped on a dime.
If I were in my van I used to have or my truck...I would have wrecked my car.
I am so satisfied, I can't believe it.

Awesome driving and riding is the main focus of any car, but this one drives so smooth that you forget out streets that used to shake you all over the road.

The only improvement that I can imagine would be more advertisement so more people know about this wonderful car.

poor back up camera
By keneg1

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 with 32,000+ miles.
the backup camera doesn't show evenly on the navigation screen. It isn't centered on the screen. The dealer told me after I drove it off the lot that all 2011s have this. "It is on all the 2011s".
I've asked the dealer 5 weeks ago to drive another 2011 to see if that car has the same problem.
So far, he said he hasn't had one to test.
If anyone has this problem, please coment. Thank you.

Malfunctioning extras are a pain
By japelo

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review by saying that the first Avalon I had was excellent. I had it 7 yrs. & traded only because someone hit me.
The 2011 Avalon I have now is also an excellent ride, but the wind noise and some of its extras are more trouble than they're worth.

Smooth ride, nicely done interior and exterior, roomy. Seats 5 adults comfortably and the back seat actually has more leg room than the front.

I live in a part of Texas where it seldom rains in the summer. Yet, my "automatic" windshield wipers just randomly come on when it's hot. The rear sun screen also comes up intermittently. After 6 times at the dealer's, the Toyota experts said automatic wipers were supposed to come on when it doesn't rain and that we should keep the wipers in manual until it started raining. Really? No solution yet for the screen, either. It would be better not to have these features than having faulty design.