2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
I love my Avalon!
By pennyj on 11/12/13 10:46 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have not had my Avalon too long, but for the time I have had it...I adore it. I have had many other cars, from Ford to Buick to Chevy, etc. I am in love with this car. It drives like a dream. I slammed on the brakes in the rain and it stopped on a dime. If I were in my van I used to have or my truck...I would have wrecked my car. I am so satisfied, I can't believe it.

poor back up camera
By keneg1 on 08/11/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 with 32,000+ miles. the backup camera doesn't show evenly on the navigation screen. It isn't centered on the screen. The dealer told me after I drove it off the lot that all 2011s have this. "It is on all the 2011s". I've asked the dealer 5 weeks ago to drive another 2011 to see if that car has the same problem. So far, he said he hasn't had one to test. If anyone has this problem, please coment. Thank you.

Malfunctioning extras are a pain
By japelo on 07/05/13 09:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review by saying that the first Avalon I had was excellent. I had it 7 yrs. & traded only because someone hit me. The 2011 Avalon I have now is also an excellent ride, but the wind noise and some of its extras are more trouble than they're worth.

Exceptional value in its class.
By edward09 on 02/11/13 19:12 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Avalon XLS (Canada) has the competiton beat! Excellent front seat comfort with full power lumbar for driver / passenger. More room than Mercedes E350. Lexus features without the price. This car is quite fast and has a controlled stable ride, and uses regular gas, unlike the competiton. Gas mileage has been 7.5l / 100 km - highway (38 MPG - imperial) and 10.5l / 100 km city. The voice reconition is very good, controls well laid-out and nice NAVI system. Lots of room in the back seat with comfortable seating and tilting seatback is functional. Very good trunk space. Both interior and exterior fit and finish are tight with good alignment. Great car for long trips in varied terrain.

My Third Avalon is a Lemon!
By lindy_lou on 09/10/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Avalon Limited new in Dec.2011. It is not the same quality of my two previous Avalons. Last one was 2002 with 176K miles and it ran smoother and quieter than the new one. Wind comes in window, I'm told it's normal due to mirrow (doesn't do it on passenger side). Rides rough, worse than my husbands F250 4x4 diesel. Lots and lots of road noise. Not a quiet car at all. Rear passenger window broke (fixed now), rear reclining seat broke (part ordered). Brakes feel mushy, Struts seem non-existent. Car really sat low when 2 adults and 2 teens with 4 bags packed (not heavy..trunk too small to pack much). Toyota dealer tells me everything is normal and up to Toyota specs. Bad Car!!

2011 Avalon (Great car, Horrible dealership services)
By avalon_lova on 03/22/12 12:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Avalon. The suspension is smooth without the floaty ride. Rear seat legroom (roomier in class), adjustable rear seat comfort is a nice touch. Great car to own if you have a personal driver. A/C and Nav controls are intuitive and easy to operate. Only tech missing is the adaptive cruise control.

Uniformed of truth on batterys
By determined2 on 10/08/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2011 Avalon in May 2010. Constant dead battery's. Cannot leave car over 4 days without jumping it. Not informed this is constant problem with this vehicle as it appears it is being hidden. Have much documentation but they will not put their statements in writing. Sticker price was $47,000 and it started just 10 days after taking possession of vehicles. Beware of Toyota Avalons! All back up documentation available . Toyota is ignoring this problem , It will not go away!

2nd one, and love it more!
By ncee on 06/04/11 05:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well my 2008 Touring Model was nice, but bot, this 2011 Limited Edition is just great. I would have never expected it to be that much smoother, quieter, more comfortable then the '08, but man IT IS! Now I had been considering a used LS 460 L, and if they had come to my terms, I would be owning one. Not sure if this would have been a bad / good thing. The LS L was a 2008 with 22,000 miles (45,000 less then my Avalon), and a great car, but a bit more and I had a budget I was going to stay with. Now the local Toyota dealer had just purchased a lot of promotional / print matter from us, so it did sway me a bit. Bottom line, right now I Love the car. Is there things I'd like changed - yes

poor pannel fit
By lizard533 on 05/23/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pannel fit is realy bad. Cabin is very very noisey driving on windy days. Good mileage 23-30. great power and smooth motor but so what noisey. my 08 ltd was about the same while 95 avy was a whole lot better all around, Need to start making then in JAPAN AGAIN!! BY till later.

Smooth, Quiet, Fast, and Great Mileage!
By robsis on 12/25/10 08:24 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, are we impressed. This vehicle is such a great road car. Quiet, smooth ride, with lots of punch if you need to pass. 30+ MPG on the highway and 23-24 in town. Love the new dash re-design and the six-speed automatic. You can barely tell it's shifting. Plenty of room both in the front and back. Heated/cooled seats are a joy. Our friend, who drives a Lexus LS460, said our Avalon was quieter than his LS, and just as smooth on the open road. Our final choice was between the Avalon and a Genesis. Genesis was a nice vehicle; however, comparably equipped, the Avalon was thousands less and we liked the FWD for our snowy winters. Test drive it for 30 minutes or more and you'll be sold.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*