2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
I love my Avalon!
By pennyj on 11/12/13 10:46 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have not had my Avalon too long, but for the time I have had it...I adore it. I have had many other cars, from Ford to Buick to Chevy, etc. I am in love with this car. It drives like a dream. I slammed on the brakes in the rain and it stopped on a dime. If I were in my van I used to have or my truck...I would have wrecked my car. I am so satisfied, I can't believe it.

poor back up camera
By keneg1 on 08/11/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 with 32,000+ miles. the backup camera doesn't show evenly on the navigation screen. It isn't centered on the screen. The dealer told me after I drove it off the lot that all 2011s have this. "It is on all the 2011s". I've asked the dealer 5 weeks ago to drive another 2011 to see if that car has the same problem. So far, he said he hasn't had one to test. If anyone has this problem, please coment. Thank you.

Malfunctioning extras are a pain
By japelo on 07/05/13 09:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review by saying that the first Avalon I had was excellent. I had it 7 yrs. & traded only because someone hit me. The 2011 Avalon I have now is also an excellent ride, but the wind noise and some of its extras are more trouble than they're worth.

Surprised at 70k miles
By dworth on 02/21/13 10:09 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for about a year and a half now and have been satisfied. We've had Toyota's since 1989. At 65k, front brake rotors warped & pads needed replacing - at 68k, the rear rotors & pads got replaced. At 70k, inner tie rods got loose and got replaced. We're holding our breath and wondering what's going to be next. Of course, this is the first Toyota that we've kept beyond the 36k mark, so perhaps this brand isn't as reliable as we've always thought? Although we'd hesitate to say this Avalon is a lemon, we've planned on its lasting 10 years...wish us luck.

Exceptional value in its class.
By edward09 on 02/11/13 19:12 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Avalon XLS (Canada) has the competiton beat! Excellent front seat comfort with full power lumbar for driver / passenger. More room than Mercedes E350. Lexus features without the price. This car is quite fast and has a controlled stable ride, and uses regular gas, unlike the competiton. Gas mileage has been 7.5l / 100 km - highway (38 MPG - imperial) and 10.5l / 100 km city. The voice reconition is very good, controls well laid-out and nice NAVI system. Lots of room in the back seat with comfortable seating and tilting seatback is functional. Very good trunk space. Both interior and exterior fit and finish are tight with good alignment. Great car for long trips in varied terrain.

My Third Avalon is a Lemon!
By lindy_lou on 09/10/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Avalon Limited new in Dec.2011. It is not the same quality of my two previous Avalons. Last one was 2002 with 176K miles and it ran smoother and quieter than the new one. Wind comes in window, I'm told it's normal due to mirrow (doesn't do it on passenger side). Rides rough, worse than my husbands F250 4x4 diesel. Lots and lots of road noise. Not a quiet car at all. Rear passenger window broke (fixed now), rear reclining seat broke (part ordered). Brakes feel mushy, Struts seem non-existent. Car really sat low when 2 adults and 2 teens with 4 bags packed (not heavy..trunk too small to pack much). Toyota dealer tells me everything is normal and up to Toyota specs. Bad Car!!

Wonderful auto
By cnunn on 05/14/12 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Avalon about a year ago. We love it. The gas mileage is great..drives and rides like a dream, sound system is perfect, quiet, great rear seat comfort, in short, for us, a retired couple in our mid-sixties it is the best car we've ever owned and absolutely perfectly matches our needs. We've owned Toyota's for 30 years and we like this one the best. Would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a comfortable, dependable, quality automobile.

2011 Avalon (Great car, Horrible dealership services)
By avalon_lova on 03/22/12 12:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Avalon. The suspension is smooth without the floaty ride. Rear seat legroom (roomier in class), adjustable rear seat comfort is a nice touch. Great car to own if you have a personal driver. A/C and Nav controls are intuitive and easy to operate. Only tech missing is the adaptive cruise control.

Uniformed of truth on batterys
By determined2 on 10/08/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2011 Avalon in May 2010. Constant dead battery's. Cannot leave car over 4 days without jumping it. Not informed this is constant problem with this vehicle as it appears it is being hidden. Have much documentation but they will not put their statements in writing. Sticker price was $47,000 and it started just 10 days after taking possession of vehicles. Beware of Toyota Avalons! All back up documentation available . Toyota is ignoring this problem , It will not go away!

Not as good as I thought I was getting
By molly1206 on 07/31/11 22:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Used to LeSabre. Avy does not have as many features, has a motor whine, and windows stick; trunk whams when closing. Overall ride is smooth, gas is good. Info display very limited. 1st and last; back to Buick. More bang for the buck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$106 per month*