2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Surprised at 70k miles
By dworth on 02/21/13 10:09 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for about a year and a half now and have been satisfied. We've had Toyota's since 1989. At 65k, front brake rotors warped & pads needed replacing - at 68k, the rear rotors & pads got replaced. At 70k, inner tie rods got loose and got replaced. We're holding our breath and wondering what's going to be next. Of course, this is the first Toyota that we've kept beyond the 36k mark, so perhaps this brand isn't as reliable as we've always thought? Although we'd hesitate to say this Avalon is a lemon, we've planned on its lasting 10 years...wish us luck.

Wonderful auto
By cnunn on 05/14/12 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Avalon about a year ago. We love it. The gas mileage is great..drives and rides like a dream, sound system is perfect, quiet, great rear seat comfort, in short, for us, a retired couple in our mid-sixties it is the best car we've ever owned and absolutely perfectly matches our needs. We've owned Toyota's for 30 years and we like this one the best. Would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a comfortable, dependable, quality automobile.

Not as good as I thought I was getting
By molly1206 on 07/31/11 22:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Used to LeSabre. Avy does not have as many features, has a motor whine, and windows stick; trunk whams when closing. Overall ride is smooth, gas is good. Info display very limited. 1st and last; back to Buick. More bang for the buck.

Noise & Handling Problems Etc.
By mrfinnigan on 06/12/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is excessive, I believe it is because of the Bridgestone tires. Also it is difficult to keep car from drifting all over the lane expecially when there is a little breeze. There is no valet lockout for trunk. Volume speed control on radio does not work. Can't see display on radio in daylight. Can't hear directional signal.

Excellent Sedan
By s56ping on 04/17/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I have had if for two months and have put about 7000 miles on it. Having come from an SUV the last 15 years, the ride on the Avalon is a big plus. I really like the cabin room, smooth transmission and engine, and the overall classy interior. I have been averaging about 23 mpg combined, and have seen 29 mpg on the interstate. The radio and controls are easy to view and use. I have the base radio and its works great and even sounds great for a standard system. The only issue that I have is I could use a little more trunk room.

Not so impressed
By accountant on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a 12 year old camry. I thought I was moving upscale but after 3 months I have my doubts. The car runs smooth and has good power, satisfied with the mileage. The materials seem cheap. The panels on the exterior are poorly fit together and don't line up to each other anywhere. Everything is plastic. So far the airbag light was stuck on, they had to replace the seat belt latch. The trunk wouldn't close unless I slammed it hard as I could, they had to redrill and move the latch a little, the rubber weather stripping around the sun roof started peeling back, they glued it down, and now my compass keeps sticking on NE. I prefer my old Camry, more comfortable.

Good Car But
By jlm on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are two design deficiencies I have noted so far. Foremost, there is a severe glare of the dash on the windshield when driving into the sun or with the sun on your left shoulder and hitting the dash. The "hump" over the instrument panel reflects onto the windshield directly in the drivers view. I have not experienced anything of this magnitude in my 73 yrs. Secondly, and a minor flaw, when the sun shines on the digital clock the white numbers become red and you don't see the actual time. For example, at 3:43 pm I was seeing "1388" in red numbers. I blocked the sun and saw the correct time with white numbers. I would not have bought had I been aware of the reflection.

Edmunds Wrong
By Lucas Boxley on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love Edmunds but, how can you give the hard riding noisy Honda Accord 7.8 and give Avalon 7.3 the Honda cannot come close. I traded es350 a great car which was my fourth Lexus and I cannot be more pleased. This is the smoothest and quiet car on road yes there is body lean at times, but to those of us know and are not caught up in cornering and skid-pat testing who love real world driving this is a great car

Best Car On The Road
By ToyotaMan on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 exterior and interior design is very appealing. The engine is spunky. Car is fun to drive and oozes with luxury, quality, safety, and class. We're proud to drive the car and it has the new Toyota five point safety system on it. Engine is not as efficient as the same engine was in our 2006 Avalon.

Most comfortable car
By joseph on 06/21/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable car I have driven in 48 years of driving. Very roomy interior; feels like a luxury car. I road tested the BMW, Infinity, Lexus, and Acura. Avalon beats them hands down in every respect. Unless you want to pretend you're an Indy driver, this car has the best road feel. I recommend you test drive this car before making a purchase on another similar vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Avalon in WA is:

$130 per month*