Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Best Bang for Buck on The Market
By Hugh James

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gives great power, reliability, comfort, interior space, fuel economy what else can you ask for in a large sedan. Plus with Limited Trim I have wood grain interior, Navigation, push button start, rear sun shade, and more.

Last of the great land yachts! Japanese Crown Vic!
By Indy Musician

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really, the ONLY negative things that can be said are the audio system is a bit lacking and the rear seats don't fold down.

I love the seats...the thigh support keeps my legs from being fatigued as they do in the Camry. The car just floats down the road. Lexus quality at a fraction of the cost. Tons of leg room, the steering wheel telescopes out far enough (and tilts low enough....think old Buicks) that I can sit back and cruise effortlessly.

Even the REAR seats have a feature to tilt back a bit!

The Nav system takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's quite effective.

I've owned the car since new....over five years now...and at almost 80,000 miles, I've had no maintenance issues to speak of. Just regular maintenance (tires, plugs) and I can see my land yacht going 200,000 miles EASY. LOVE this car!!!!!

Smooth
By robert.hinkle25@gmail.com

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car does a lot well. Ride is fantastic, acceleration is strong and the sound system is great. I have a Miata for fun and the handling for the Avalon is very respectable. The car is quiet inside but at highway speeds it could be a little quieter. Navigation works well. It can suffer from glare on the screen when sun is low.
But the car is easy to live with. Gas mileage is much better than expected for a car this size. The rear seat comfort and room is amazing. It performs well in the snow. The new versions suffer from stiff ride. Find a 2011-12 and hold on to it.

18 months later (57K miles)- still a very enjoyable car. Long trips do not fatigue as seats are comfortable. The only complaint is at highway speeds there is a higher level of interior noise than I would expect for a luxury version. As noted by others glare on navigation screen can be bad depending on time of day and angle of car. Overall still very happy. Mileage has been great and no lack of power from the engine.

Very Good Car but interested in a New one.
By Pauline R Poling

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very good Shape have keep up on oil Changes. New Tires.

I love my Avalon!
By pennyj

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have not had my Avalon too long, but for the time I have had it...I adore it.
I have had many other cars, from Ford to Buick to Chevy, etc.
I am in love with this car.
It drives like a dream.
I slammed on the brakes in the rain and it stopped on a dime.
If I were in my van I used to have or my truck...I would have wrecked my car.
I am so satisfied, I can't believe it.

Awesome driving and riding is the main focus of any car, but this one drives so smooth that you forget out streets that used to shake you all over the road.

The only improvement that I can imagine would be more advertisement so more people know about this wonderful car.