Waited 10 years
By tom on
2010 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have a 2000 xls with 79,000 miles I bought new, and have been well satisfied. It is a great car. Found my current 2010 XLS with 9400 miles at a fair price with windows already tinted. Cocoa bean metallic/ ivory, lots of extras by original buyer. The wait was well worth it. Car is super quiet, solid, handles great, and gets great mileage 33mpg on road, 28 in town. Have gotten as high as 35mpg w/o the air. In my opinion, I like the Avalon better than the Lexus ES, its bigger, just as quiet, and more car for the money. Its a classy ride, big comfortable, and amazingly powerful for a v-6. Like the 2010 better than the 2011. 2011 has too much GORP, or chrome pieces to jazz it up!
Favorite Features
Very well appointed, roomy, and the quality is superb. Power is great, and gets fuel mileage not far off that of my old 2002 Solara 4cyl. No need to look at anything else. Classy color, and a gold pinstripe just made it perfect! A pleasure to drive. Great handling too!
Suggested Improvements
The 2011 has chrome handles, huge Toyota emblem in grill, and the dash looks like a TV/Combo stuck in the middle. Perforated leather is too hard to keep clean. Waited to see the 2011s and bought the 2010 XLS instead. No more XLS. got a 2000 xls and a 2010 xls. Works for me