Used 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great Engine
By jabe

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now spent 12,000 miles in my Avalon. This a great car. I am getting 25 MPG on average and up to 30 MPG on highway. Great Power and with the manual override transmission you can really get off the line when you have to. Engine flys form 40 to 70 MPH. This car is big and roomy. I fully agree with the Edmunds Road test. They nailed it perfectly on all counts

Favorite Features

Peppy engine with great MPG

Suggested Improvements

Could go for a quieter ride but I wouldn't call it noisy. Seats don't have any contour so you kind of slide around.

Waited 10 years
By tom

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2000 xls with 79,000 miles I bought new, and have been well satisfied. It is a great car. Found my current 2010 XLS with 9400 miles at a fair price with windows already tinted. Cocoa bean metallic/ ivory, lots of extras by original buyer. The wait was well worth it. Car is super quiet, solid, handles great, and gets great mileage 33mpg on road, 28 in town. Have gotten as high as 35mpg w/o the air. In my opinion, I like the Avalon better than the Lexus ES, its bigger, just as quiet, and more car for the money. Its a classy ride, big comfortable, and amazingly powerful for a v-6. Like the 2010 better than the 2011. 2011 has too much GORP, or chrome pieces to jazz it up!

Favorite Features

Very well appointed, roomy, and the quality is superb. Power is great, and gets fuel mileage not far off that of my old 2002 Solara 4cyl. No need to look at anything else. Classy color, and a gold pinstripe just made it perfect! A pleasure to drive. Great handling too!

Suggested Improvements

The 2011 has chrome handles, huge Toyota emblem in grill, and the dash looks like a TV/Combo stuck in the middle. Perforated leather is too hard to keep clean. Waited to see the 2011s and bought the 2010 XLS instead. No more XLS. got a 2000 xls and a 2010 xls. Works for me

Exceptional
By p teig

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalon, my other was a 2007, and I am a committed Avalon owner. I am not sure why other reviews say the outside is bland, when I know my car receives a lot of head turns. Seriously, if you want a great car, solid construction, and durable, buy the Avalon.

Favorite Features

The easy display of the front dash. I do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the buttons!

Suggested Improvements

better lumbar supports.

Radio Malfunction
By Susie

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

AM Radio has so much static that you can barely understand. I took it to the dealership 2 times & was told that there was a problem with the design of the antenna & they can't do anything about it. Some reviews online seem to indicate the problem has gone back to 2007.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Make the radio work properly. Why are other automaker able to install a radio that works well.