2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Engine
By jabe on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now spent 12,000 miles in my Avalon. This a great car. I am getting 25 MPG on average and up to 30 MPG on highway. Great Power and with the manual override transmission you can really get off the line when you have to. Engine flys form 40 to 70 MPH. This car is big and roomy. I fully agree with the Edmunds Road test. They nailed it perfectly on all counts

Waited 10 years
By tom on 06/20/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2000 xls with 79,000 miles I bought new, and have been well satisfied. It is a great car. Found my current 2010 XLS with 9400 miles at a fair price with windows already tinted. Cocoa bean metallic/ ivory, lots of extras by original buyer. The wait was well worth it. Car is super quiet, solid, handles great, and gets great mileage 33mpg on road, 28 in town. Have gotten as high as 35mpg w/o the air. In my opinion, I like the Avalon better than the Lexus ES, its bigger, just as quiet, and more car for the money. Its a classy ride, big comfortable, and amazingly powerful for a v-6. Like the 2010 better than the 2011. 2011 has too much GORP, or chrome pieces to jazz it up!

Exceptional
By p teig on 06/14/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalon, my other was a 2007, and I am a committed Avalon owner. I am not sure why other reviews say the outside is bland, when I know my car receives a lot of head turns. Seriously, if you want a great car, solid construction, and durable, buy the Avalon.

Radio Malfunction
By Susie on 12/01/09 07:40 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

AM Radio has so much static that you can barely understand. I took it to the dealership 2 times & was told that there was a problem with the design of the antenna & they can't do anything about it. Some reviews online seem to indicate the problem has gone back to 2007.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$106 per month*