Used 2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

poor navigation system
By CS

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the fourth Toyota and the second Avalon that I have owned. I have loved them all and would rate them all a 10. However, I will never buy another Toyota because of the poor navigation system. I cannot believe that Toyota would put such a poor system in their cars. (See below). We purchased this car especially because we wanted a GPS installed system.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is very user Unfriendly! I have been back to the dealership for help a number of times and they struggle with it too. Also,the 2 outside rear view mirrors create a very bad blind spot. I miss the double sun visor that the earlier Toyotas had, it had a side and front visor.

Great Car But Minor Detail Issue
By Mirage

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's Great Car with high fuel economy comparing with other same class cars. Nice, Quite, Comfort and you will love all the features. But there's minor exterior detail issues. such as top roof molding is easy to loose and hard to find a dealer for fix well. other body pars moldings are seems like little off from it's place. I checked my car and other cars on display at dealers( 3 Places), same... such as end of moldings etc. i think Toyota's quality control legend is burried in the history..

Favorite Features

Audio, handle, very roomy inside. back seat leg room is big. separate Aircon. controls. etc.

Suggested Improvements

finishing touch of details need improve. Now days can not expect like old Toyota.

Great Engine
By jabe

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now spent 12,000 miles in my Avalon. This a great car. I am getting 25 MPG on average and up to 30 MPG on highway. Great Power and with the manual override transmission you can really get off the line when you have to. Engine flys form 40 to 70 MPH. This car is big and roomy. I fully agree with the Edmunds Road test. They nailed it perfectly on all counts

Favorite Features

Peppy engine with great MPG

Suggested Improvements

Could go for a quieter ride but I wouldn't call it noisy. Seats don't have any contour so you kind of slide around.

Awesome
By Allen

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a few new cars. This 2010 Avalon has to be the best.

Favorite Features

Smart Key.auto wipers, The powerful V6

Suggested Improvements

None

Best large car
By Ron

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Read many reviews I disagree with liking Avalon to a Buick. Judging strictly within the large car field based on price, features, comfort, build quality, reliability and mileage, Avalon is hands down the best. If you prefer a large car, what is wrong with a car that is well made, comfortable, reliable with a smooth ride and great gas mileage. The hype to promote other cars in the field such as the Taurus and LaCrosse is just that. These cars don't measure up to the Avalon. How does this make the Avalon an 'Old Man's car' and the others not?

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, power, room, reliability and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None