Steering Wheel always unlocking!
By Mimi on
2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
What a great disappointment with my 2009 Toyota Avalon limited. This is my first and last Toyota. Had the mat / sticking pedal situation be disclosed earlier when known, I would NEVER have gotten this car. My steering wheel unlocks a couple of times a week. Brought into service center and they couldn't find anything wrong! Driving along and steering wheel just drops!! Tried to get rid of car but no one wants it!! I thought Toyota held his value but with all the problems lately, it's a 50% sale for trade-ins! Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!
Favorite Features
Like the keyless entry. Comfortable seats.
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel slipping and unlocking
By mcirella
on 02/25/11 04:41 AM (PST)

1st of all you have a great car. The recall fix is 10 minutes. Did you know ford and chrysler have the same problem using the same gas pedals? 2nd of all the dealer you took it to to repair it did not do their job right. I had both problems (pedal and ateering wheel falling)and dealer fixed them within 1/2 hour. I will keep the car for many years.I have friends with toyotas with over 200,000 miles that have never had any major work done. Mine has 50,000 and still on origional brakes. It rides smoother than my wifes cadillac cts. All american or foriegn cars at 2 to 3 years old want to pay you 1/2 price. You can find fault with anything if you try hard enough.

By gulfcoastbama
on 09/23/13 18:02 PM (PDT)

This is TRUE they don't hold a value anymore. I think it's a rip off to lease a car, I hate having a note. I paid cash for my Avalon Limited in the end of 2010 it was a 2009 with 22k. The person that picked out the tires for the AVALON'S must have got a steal on them or was really HIGH on something. The tires had been rotated every time the the oil was done which I do the 5K split and they weren't any good after 25K miles you could tell the road was wet. I had no other chose to change out the tires I showed the dealer he said "Well, we can replace them I got a special buy 2 get a oil free or buy 3 and get the 4th one free. LOL YEAH RIGHT I might not be the brightest person BUT I had a the cheapest Wal-Mart Brand Tires on my old Saturn back in the day and it was supposed the tires (30k Warranty) I put on at 31k and sold the car with 139k that car was falling a part but the tires still looked new. I traded in my Lexus ES300 with 127k miles on it I actually wished I would have kept it and save the money. Everyone I have talked to said their tires wore out fast for them as well. So I went online and bought some different tires and had them shipped here. I got the place where I have my oil change and they put them on and it seemed to make it better. With all of the recalls I scared to drive it but I found out it was mainly the floor mats but I had already bought custom made floor mates to keep the carpet clean since I do live in the country. I can't complain this car will make you lazy I set the cruise control and it slows down and then speeds back up with it is working correctly. If the cruise is on and you turn the cruise controls speed up. I got mixed feelings about this car it has less than 40k and I know I want get my money out of it. So I am going to drive it until it want go anymore. I wish it had a little more power my 2008 Tundra will throw up backwards when you hit the gas.