2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
After 4 months I'm sorry I bought it
By bmallek540 on 04/27/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle is smooth once you get cruising at about 60mph. However, staring from a start there is a hesitation which causes you to almost lunge forward. The roof molding has loosened and almost come off. The transmission is sloppy and flops around both up and down as you accel and decel. The electronics is from the year 2000. And, the GPS is the worst that there is! The GPS is very outdated and has very limited POI's. The voice command is a joke and now the GPS has started locking up on me. I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me on that. The stereo unit in the car is just average. This is not the car I bargained for at all. After 4 months of driving it I am sorry I bought it.

My New Avalon Is Gr8!
By Danny G. on 04/14/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first got into Toyota in my 2000 Avalon XLS. Then my 2003 Avalon XLS. In Oct.07, I bought a 08 Camry SE. I just traded it for my 09 Avalon Limited. I would ask why buy a bottom end Lexus, this high end Avalon is perfect. The room in it is exceptional and it has all the comfort features you could want from a luxury car. The price points of Toyota are exceptional and have better negotiations than Lexus by far. Toyota warranties are not as good as Lexus but then they don't break either. Toyota, thank you for making such a GR8 car! I love it.

LOVE THAT 09 AVALON LIMITED
By IOWA on 02/28/09 20:00 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our new Avalon! Bought a loaded Limited without navigation or the optional cruise feature. Moved from a mini-van to a car with a lot of research before buying. Some main concerns had been ease of getting in and out of a car and also if there would be enough leg and head room for several 6'4" adults. We love the ride and comfort. Plenty of room for those long legs. I have some back problems but these seats fit me just right so no problems. Driving our gravel winter roads on snow, ice, slush gets us 26-27 mpg. Like the vehicle stability control feature. Driving on a vacation in the sunny south got us 32-35 mpg. Had the car 4 months and close to 10,000 miles already.

A GREAT CAR
By LEONIDIS on 02/26/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven Avalons since 1996. I have owned the 1997, 2001,2003,2005,2006, and now the 2009. This is by far the best Avalon of the bunch. It is the most refined, the best handling, and the most comfortable. My car is loaded with everything, but the remote starter. I noticed that handling on back, winding country roads is much improved over my 2006, and I have more road feel. I happen to be a car nut, and an Older Gentleman, and this vehicle fills all of my current automotive desires. Of course, I do not expect it to be a racing machine, and know what to expect, since I have driven Porches, Maseratis, and Citroens. Bottom Line, this is the best Avalon yet.

My 3rd Avalon
By Hank on 02/22/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Avalon. I am still getting used to it but overall, I really like it. It has a great ride and is very quiet. The only thing I do not like is the hardness of the drivers seat. I can feel something under the padding, perhaps it has something to do with the seat's cooling feature. I have been driving around for the last 4 months with a thin quilt under me. This makes it more comfortable. Hopefully the seats will break in and I can take out the quilt. Other than that, I really love it.

Avalon 2009
By bmallek540 on 01/28/09 15:26 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Avalon Limited edition in mid January 2009. After driving around town and on an extended trip I have to say that the Avalon is probably the smoothest driving car I have ever driven. For the size comfort and ride I am very happy. This is a great car for long trip freeway driving.

Great car, but uncomfortable seats
By Richard on 10/31/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got the Toyota Avalon limited with cooled seats. There is a design flaw in the seats as they are very uncomfortable with the cooling bars under the padding. I noticed it the next day while driving. Service made an adjustment, but not enough and both sales and service agree that there is a problem. However, it seems to be a design of the seats. I consider it a flaw I am now contacting Toyota to see what can be done about it. The service tech told me Lexus uses the same system but the seats have more padding. I would try out the driver seat for an extended time before purchasing one that has a cooling option for the seats. I wouldn't buy it again because of it.

09 Replaces our 05 Avalon
By StlMo on 09/24/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 05 Avalon Ltd was totaled with 50,200 miles. Was a great car and wife wanted a new on just like it and dealer found one that at my request excluded the nav and laser speed control. These were features we had on the 05 that we didn't really like. With 1,000 miles so far the 09 is quieter. The 6 speed auto is smooth and the already good fuel economy is even better. The 05 could attain 32 highway, and on our first road trip with only 300 miles on the car (added 240 more miles on the trip) we got 33.9 mpg generally driving 70 mph. I also think the front end is now better looking, particularly the fog lights.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan in NJ is:

$186 per month*