Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Steering Wheel always unlocking!
By Mimi

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great disappointment with my 2009 Toyota Avalon limited. This is my first and last Toyota. Had the mat / sticking pedal situation be disclosed earlier when known, I would NEVER have gotten this car. My steering wheel unlocks a couple of times a week. Brought into service center and they couldn't find anything wrong! Driving along and steering wheel just drops!! Tried to get rid of car but no one wants it!! I thought Toyota held his value but with all the problems lately, it's a 50% sale for trade-ins! Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!

Like the keyless entry. Comfortable seats.

Steering wheel slipping and unlocking

Best Value in the Car World Today
By carlupi

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my 2009 Avalon the happier I am that I bought it. This is the best car for the money on the market today. I hope Toyota replaces it with a similarly high value product in 2012, when the new model should come out.

Comfort; smooth and quiet ride; fuel economy.

The sunroof should always be a separate option instead of being part of a package, so that tall drivers (like me) can avoid the sunroof and have adequate headroom, yet still be able to get other options like leather seats if they choose.

It is called a large car, but it isn't
By Chris Christensen

2009 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Older Avalons are wider and more spacious. This is an upgraded Camry size. Restricting, not comfortable on long trips, and the seats don't go back far enough. Reclining rear seats are a marketing game. Paint job is very poor - tree sap etched paint. High quality cars should have plenty of clear coat coats. If this is Toyota"s flagship, make it one!! I am very disappointed. The new Venza is even worse - noisy, bumpy ride!

Very peppy.

Widen car like 2003 model (the person who recommended I buy an Avalon has one). I have a 2006 Sienna with comfortable seats - make Avalon as comfortable. Add more clear coat coats.

I like my 09 avalon limited but....
By Derek

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seats are too hard, gps is a rip off, people. How Dare you Toyota can continue 2003 made gps installing in 08, 09, 10 models. We paid for what? Crap. You should update it if you charge people $2,000 for it. I really like that car but for sure it's overpriced. No question about it.

wood trim , center console is not bad , push bottom is good , quiet ride.

GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS FRONT SEATS ,

Getting Better all the Time
By carlupi

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from my second road trip in my 2009 Avalon XL, just over 600 miles roundtrip. I averaged 32 MPG on first leg and almost 35 MPG on the return, while doing 75 MPH most of the time. Amazing for a car this size. I'm liking this car more all the time. Fantastic value for the price.