2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
DRONE Noise
By piercy42 on 11/02/12 14:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Avalon XLS have an annoying DRONE from the rear. The dealer tells me it is the tires. I'm on my 3rd set (replaced because of the problem, they were not worn out). Problem cotinues and seems to be getting worse. Rotating tires also does not help. It is very annoying. Also have a friend with 2009 Avalon and he has the same problem. This is my 2nd Avalon. The 1st, a 2002 was a great car.

Plenty of Room in the Back
By outskiing on 12/27/10 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for three month's. We bought is as a family car and needed room for growing teenagers. I'm 6"3 and can easily fit in the back. It's like riding in a limo and to us is a Lexus in all but name...who needs the big "L" on the front anyway? If you don't mind an understated car that's big on comfort and interstate composure, try out an Avalon.

It is called a large car, but it isn't
By Chris Christensen on 05/08/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Older Avalons are wider and more spacious. This is an upgraded Camry size. Restricting, not comfortable on long trips, and the seats don't go back far enough. Reclining rear seats are a marketing game. Paint job is very poor - tree sap etched paint. High quality cars should have plenty of clear coat coats. If this is Toyota"s flagship, make it one!! I am very disappointed. The new Venza is even worse - noisy, bumpy ride!

Oops!
By Jeff on 08/29/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful car except it came with a front end vibration at 38-42 mph and above 60 mph. 5 trips to the dealer and 4,000 miles later, it has a reduced but constant vibration that is a nuisance at 39 mph and discomfort above 60. The dealership replaced 2 tires and then all 4 with a harder tire. You feel every little imperfection in the road and the vibration puts your backside to sleep. After a 250 mile trip, I was exhausted. This car should be a dream to drive but unfortunately it's a bad dream. Filing for a replacement under FL lemon law.

I absolutely love to drive it!
By David H on 06/13/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When shopping for our car, we researched the purchase for a good year. We took into consideration our age, our abilities (and disabilities), cost, maintenance costs, reliability, etc., and came to the determination that this was the best car for us to purchase. The 8-way power seats both driver and passenger were a must for us, and love the fact that both of us can maintain max comfort possible. When the wife's back is really hurting, she wants to go on a road trip, or just sit in the car to get it settled down! We get 26-28 MPG in town, and up to 34 MPG on road trips. The Limited with AC in seats was hard on the wife's knee replacement but wasn't worth the cost to get laser cruise.

GPS Madness
By Avalon Grandma on 06/03/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The GPS is the worst. Extremely user unfriendly. Many important POI's are missing. Per Toyota many were removed to make more map space. Toyota admits that the Avalon has the original GPS designed for the 2003 model. No wonder it is antiquated. Toyota will not stand behind the device. Says it was designed to specs. I've asked them to take the vehicle back and replace it with another without GPS. They consistently refuse. Suggested guidance for the same route varies. Guidance for one route sometimes goes 15 miles out of the way.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$117 per month*