2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best Value in the Car World Today
By carlupi on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my 2009 Avalon the happier I am that I bought it. This is the best car for the money on the market today. I hope Toyota replaces it with a similarly high value product in 2012, when the new model should come out.

Getting Better all the Time
By carlupi on 11/03/09 07:46 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from my second road trip in my 2009 Avalon XL, just over 600 miles roundtrip. I averaged 32 MPG on first leg and almost 35 MPG on the return, while doing 75 MPH most of the time. Amazing for a car this size. I'm liking this car more all the time. Fantastic value for the price.

Just got it and love it
By Bennett on 08/31/09 18:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchase XL model without any extras. Doesn't matter as it came with everything and more than I needed. I really like the clean center console. With the audio controls on the steering wheel I leave all the compartments closed for a clean sleek uncluttered look. We took our first trip with our new Avalon and averaged over 32 mpg at 75 mph. Just came out of a F150 so I really appreciate the gas mileage. Also, recently had 5 adults in the car. My back seat passengers were amazed by the leg room. I also like the seats. They are not the sporty type with built up sides that you find in most cars today. Basically this is a Japanese Sedan DeVille.....

Great car, could be even better.
By carlupi on 08/18/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is great car and value for the money. Comfortable overall, quiet, very fuel efficient. With some tweaks to the exterior design and interior layout, could be the best car Toyota makes.

Read the book first, then tell story
By C Hortman on 08/04/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am disappointed in their flagship. It has lots of wind noise. The DRONE of the tires is very prevalent. The driving position is the worst. I'm 6.0, the seats are uncomfortable and very hard. Not a lot of leg room for the driver. COMFORT and AVALON are never USED in the same sentence!!! This car is 95% Camry. A factory employee told me, they don't want you to be satisfied. WHY? So they can sell you a Lexus. Transmission 2nd gear jerks every time it shifts, it won't shift down when it needs too. The factory puts one coat on the bottom of the car for sound reduction, rust. They started out putting 5 coats. It is all about saving $$$ at the consumer's expense. The car is reliable, BUT!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$108 per month*