Used 2009 Toyota Avalon XL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Die Hard Toyota Owner
By Dianna Washington

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Bang for your Buck, and the longevity of quality is Years of Great Driving with Low Maintenance, Like wearing a Mink Fur, Feeling like Mink Fur, but with a Realistic price tag and Great Resell Value !!

Best Value in the Car World Today

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my 2009 Avalon the happier I am that I bought it. This is the best car for the money on the market today. I hope Toyota replaces it with a similarly high value product in 2012, when the new model should come out.

Comfort; smooth and quiet ride; fuel economy.

The sunroof should always be a separate option instead of being part of a package, so that tall drivers (like me) can avoid the sunroof and have adequate headroom, yet still be able to get other options like leather seats if they choose.

Getting Better all the Time

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from my second road trip in my 2009 Avalon XL, just over 600 miles roundtrip. I averaged 32 MPG on first leg and almost 35 MPG on the return, while doing 75 MPH most of the time. Amazing for a car this size. I'm liking this car more all the time. Fantastic value for the price.

Just got it and love it
By Bennett

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchase XL model without any extras. Doesn't matter as it came with everything and more than I needed. I really like the clean center console. With the audio controls on the steering wheel I leave all the compartments closed for a clean sleek uncluttered look. We took our first trip with our new Avalon and averaged over 32 mpg at 75 mph. Just came out of a F150 so I really appreciate the gas mileage. Also, recently had 5 adults in the car. My back seat passengers were amazed by the leg room. I also like the seats. They are not the sporty type with built up sides that you find in most cars today. Basically this is a Japanese Sedan DeVille.....

Extremely smooth quiet ride. Like the clean sleek center console. All the controls are very well placed and ergonomic. For the price you get a lot of car and even the basic XL model has plenty of features. I also like the sliding center arm rest. Makes for very comfortable driving. Lots of storage.

So far I can't find anything I would improve on.

Great car, could be even better.

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is great car and value for the money. Comfortable overall, quiet, very fuel efficient. With some tweaks to the exterior design and interior layout, could be the best car Toyota makes.

Quietness, fuel efficiency, smooth ride, dependability.

More leg room for the driver; larger, more comfortable front seats. Make exterior design more interesting, less "frumpy".