Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

DRONE Noise
By piercy42

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Avalon XLS have an annoying DRONE from the rear. The dealer tells me it is the tires. I'm on my 3rd set (replaced because of the problem, they were not worn out). Problem cotinues and seems to be getting worse. Rotating tires also does not help. It is very annoying. Also have a friend with 2009 Avalon and he has the same problem. This is my 2nd Avalon. The 1st, a 2002 was a great car.

2 problems, engine noise and battery problem
By bigmac5

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over all, good car. When started in the morning and accelerating up the hill where I live, makes a sound like the old valve lifter lash before hydraulic valve lifters. 2nd problem is the starter would not rotate when first pushing starter button, but did on susequent trys. Found 1/2 x 2 inch corosion under the cover on the positive post of the battery and cable. Toyota replaced altenator with rebult one and replaced cable connector. Similiar problem about 3 weeks later. Replaced termial connector again. 3 weeks later now and begining to corrode again.

keyless (don't have to pull the key outof my pocket to enter and start.)

engine noise, wind noise. Also the memory seats adjust the outside mirrows, why not the interior mirror? It already has cables running to it, why not a couple gimbles to adjust it for each driver? I know it is a safety thing, but the cruise control disconnects even when the windshield wipers even start intermittently. I hate that.

Love My Avalon
By ceejay921

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an Avalon XL last year as a Christmas gift for me but unfortunately totaled it in an accident. My husband and I were so impressed with how well the inside cabin kept us safe, that we had to buy another one. I purchased the Limited model last month and I am loving this car and all of the perks that come along with it! This model rides even smoother than my first one and can fit the entire family with ease. I recommend the Avalon to anyone looking for a comfortable ride at a great price.

bluetooth, rear sunshade, comfort, memory seats, adjustable steering wheel

None.

Plenty of Room in the Back
By outskiing

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for three month's. We bought is as a family car and needed room for growing teenagers. I'm 6"3 and can easily fit in the back. It's like riding in a limo and to us is a Lexus in all but name...who needs the big "L" on the front anyway? If you don't mind an understated car that's big on comfort and interstate composure, try out an Avalon.

Interior room, automatically adjusting stereo volume, heated seats and true duel heat/air controls.

The light colored carpets pick up grime and dirt pretty easy and the "brushed aluminium" trim can scratch pretty easy.

Love My Avalon
By TonyR

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 09 Avalon. I use to buy nothing but Lincolns and switched over to Avalon in 2004, this was the best vehicle i have ever driven in the 40 so what years of driving. For some reason the 04 overpowered all the vehicles i have driven. I try to trade every three years to keep my cost value up. I have been driving my 09 now for for 19 months now and love it. I m getting anxious to see what the next new model year design is like and if i like it ill be trading in a flash! Keep up the good work Toyota!

slim dash board lines, and steering wheel controls

back up sensors for all avalons and rear monitor for us old guys LOL LOL