2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
DRONE Noise
By piercy42 on 11/02/12 14:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Avalon XLS have an annoying DRONE from the rear. The dealer tells me it is the tires. I'm on my 3rd set (replaced because of the problem, they were not worn out). Problem cotinues and seems to be getting worse. Rotating tires also does not help. It is very annoying. Also have a friend with 2009 Avalon and he has the same problem. This is my 2nd Avalon. The 1st, a 2002 was a great car.

2 problems, engine noise and battery problem
By bigmac5 on 01/21/12 08:39 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over all, good car. When started in the morning and accelerating up the hill where I live, makes a sound like the old valve lifter lash before hydraulic valve lifters. 2nd problem is the starter would not rotate when first pushing starter button, but did on susequent trys. Found 1/2 x 2 inch corosion under the cover on the positive post of the battery and cable. Toyota replaced altenator with rebult one and replaced cable connector. Similiar problem about 3 weeks later. Replaced termial connector again. 3 weeks later now and begining to corrode again.

Love My Avalon
By ceejay921 on 08/03/11 11:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an Avalon XL last year as a Christmas gift for me but unfortunately totaled it in an accident. My husband and I were so impressed with how well the inside cabin kept us safe, that we had to buy another one. I purchased the Limited model last month and I am loving this car and all of the perks that come along with it! This model rides even smoother than my first one and can fit the entire family with ease. I recommend the Avalon to anyone looking for a comfortable ride at a great price.

Plenty of Room in the Back
By outskiing on 12/27/10 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for three month's. We bought is as a family car and needed room for growing teenagers. I'm 6"3 and can easily fit in the back. It's like riding in a limo and to us is a Lexus in all but name...who needs the big "L" on the front anyway? If you don't mind an understated car that's big on comfort and interstate composure, try out an Avalon.

Love My Avalon
By TonyR on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 09 Avalon. I use to buy nothing but Lincolns and switched over to Avalon in 2004, this was the best vehicle i have ever driven in the 40 so what years of driving. For some reason the 04 overpowered all the vehicles i have driven. I try to trade every three years to keep my cost value up. I have been driving my 09 now for for 19 months now and love it. I m getting anxious to see what the next new model year design is like and if i like it ill be trading in a flash! Keep up the good work Toyota!

Steering Wheel always unlocking!
By Mimi on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great disappointment with my 2009 Toyota Avalon limited. This is my first and last Toyota. Had the mat / sticking pedal situation be disclosed earlier when known, I would NEVER have gotten this car. My steering wheel unlocks a couple of times a week. Brought into service center and they couldn't find anything wrong! Driving along and steering wheel just drops!! Tried to get rid of car but no one wants it!! I thought Toyota held his value but with all the problems lately, it's a 50% sale for trade-ins! Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!

Best Value in the Car World Today
By carlupi on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my 2009 Avalon the happier I am that I bought it. This is the best car for the money on the market today. I hope Toyota replaces it with a similarly high value product in 2012, when the new model should come out.

It is called a large car, but it isn't
By Chris Christensen on 05/08/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Older Avalons are wider and more spacious. This is an upgraded Camry size. Restricting, not comfortable on long trips, and the seats don't go back far enough. Reclining rear seats are a marketing game. Paint job is very poor - tree sap etched paint. High quality cars should have plenty of clear coat coats. If this is Toyota"s flagship, make it one!! I am very disappointed. The new Venza is even worse - noisy, bumpy ride!

I like my 09 avalon limited but....
By Derek on 03/17/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seats are too hard, gps is a rip off, people. How Dare you Toyota can continue 2003 made gps installing in 08, 09, 10 models. We paid for what? Crap. You should update it if you charge people $2,000 for it. I really like that car but for sure it's overpriced. No question about it.

Getting Better all the Time
By carlupi on 11/03/09 07:46 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from my second road trip in my 2009 Avalon XL, just over 600 miles roundtrip. I averaged 32 MPG on first leg and almost 35 MPG on the return, while doing 75 MPH most of the time. Amazing for a car this size. I'm liking this car more all the time. Fantastic value for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan in NJ is:

$186 per month*