Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

2 problems, engine noise and battery problem
By bigmac5

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over all, good car. When started in the morning and accelerating up the hill where I live, makes a sound like the old valve lifter lash before hydraulic valve lifters. 2nd problem is the starter would not rotate when first pushing starter button, but did on susequent trys. Found 1/2 x 2 inch corosion under the cover on the positive post of the battery and cable. Toyota replaced altenator with rebult one and replaced cable connector. Similiar problem about 3 weeks later. Replaced termial connector again. 3 weeks later now and begining to corrode again.

Favorite Features

keyless (don't have to pull the key outof my pocket to enter and start.)

Suggested Improvements

engine noise, wind noise. Also the memory seats adjust the outside mirrows, why not the interior mirror? It already has cables running to it, why not a couple gimbles to adjust it for each driver? I know it is a safety thing, but the cruise control disconnects even when the windshield wipers even start intermittently. I hate that.

Love My Avalon
By ceejay921

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an Avalon XL last year as a Christmas gift for me but unfortunately totaled it in an accident. My husband and I were so impressed with how well the inside cabin kept us safe, that we had to buy another one. I purchased the Limited model last month and I am loving this car and all of the perks that come along with it! This model rides even smoother than my first one and can fit the entire family with ease. I recommend the Avalon to anyone looking for a comfortable ride at a great price.

Favorite Features

bluetooth, rear sunshade, comfort, memory seats, adjustable steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

None.

Love My Avalon
By TonyR

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 09 Avalon. I use to buy nothing but Lincolns and switched over to Avalon in 2004, this was the best vehicle i have ever driven in the 40 so what years of driving. For some reason the 04 overpowered all the vehicles i have driven. I try to trade every three years to keep my cost value up. I have been driving my 09 now for for 19 months now and love it. I m getting anxious to see what the next new model year design is like and if i like it ill be trading in a flash! Keep up the good work Toyota!

Favorite Features

slim dash board lines, and steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

back up sensors for all avalons and rear monitor for us old guys LOL LOL

Steering Wheel always unlocking!
By Mimi

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great disappointment with my 2009 Toyota Avalon limited. This is my first and last Toyota. Had the mat / sticking pedal situation be disclosed earlier when known, I would NEVER have gotten this car. My steering wheel unlocks a couple of times a week. Brought into service center and they couldn't find anything wrong! Driving along and steering wheel just drops!! Tried to get rid of car but no one wants it!! I thought Toyota held his value but with all the problems lately, it's a 50% sale for trade-ins! Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!

Favorite Features

Like the keyless entry. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel slipping and unlocking

I like my 09 avalon limited but....
By Derek

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seats are too hard, gps is a rip off, people. How Dare you Toyota can continue 2003 made gps installing in 08, 09, 10 models. We paid for what? Crap. You should update it if you charge people $2,000 for it. I really like that car but for sure it's overpriced. No question about it.

Favorite Features

wood trim , center console is not bad , push bottom is good , quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS FRONT SEATS ,