Not many cars offer the blend Avalon has
By happyowner on
2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
If you have a shopping requirement for lots of room, fuel efficiency, 5-star NHTSA ratings all around, Toyota-like reliability & resale value you may find the list is quite short as I did. A 3600lb sedan with true seating for 5, 95mph 1/4 mile trap, and real world 32mpg regular in rural driving seems like a contradiction to me but this car is proof otherwise. Comfort and performance are well documented and all of it is true. Fun to drive of 8 because I find myself looking forward to driving it almost as much as old RX-8. Only 2 things wrong with the car so far if picky: the rain sensing wipers don't activate in misty conditions and the wood panel on driver door is misaligned.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry and start is great if you always find yourself carrying things and fumbling for the keys. A rear sunshade should be standard on all cars. At first wary of the dynamic cruise control, but now I use it all the time in lighter traffic. It works very well. Headlights work very well too.
Suggested Improvements
Center console houses aux port and slides forward for nice armrest, but you must slide it back to to get to iPod. Side mirrors don't fold and the turn signal should be on the casing instead so it doesn't flash in my eyes when I am switching lanes.