2008 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Nicest Car I Have Ever Owned

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

Nicest Car I Have Ever Owned
By reel_freak on

2008 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A great car. Fit and finish are superb. When the door shuts, you feel encapsulated in your own world. Our three daughters love the back seat and think the reclining feature is the coolest thing. I'm impressed with fuel economy thus far. After 1000 miles, I am averaging 26 MPG city/highway. The engine has plenty of power, but the transmission seems to search for the proper gear when the gas pedal is mashed. Not an unsafe feeling, but car seems uncertain of how or when to shift. Ride is smooth and quiet. Despite being the Touring model, I wouldn't consider this a sports sedan. However, handling for a car this size is adequate. I do wish it had an integrated compass. Very happy overall.

Redesigned front end. Spacious interior. This automobile provides the best mix of performance, fuel economy and size for the money. No other car out there comes close.

Make the radio control backlighting match the rest of the controls. Everything has a nice white or blue hue, but the radio lighting is green. Fix the "what gear should I be in?" transmission.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review