Meant for comfort, not active "driving".
By Ron on
2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just bought a 2008 used, with 33k miles. Replaced a 2001 Solara SLE. Avalon seats have more adjustments, but less padding. Faux wood steering grips not as comfortable as leather. Road noise well-muted. It's so quiet at idle that I got confused once and didn't realize it was still running. LOVE the smart key. Good sound system for a car. LCD is real nice for the radio and climate controls. No squeaks or rattles, feels like driving a Swiss watch. BIG car, but doesn't look or drive like it. Controls oddly placed, but most-used ones are on wheel. Handles comfortably, but not "fun" to drive; powerful, but not a race car. Wafts you along in your own little bubble instead.
Favorite Features
The smart key is very cool. LCD display of radio and climate excellent. It's not silent, so don't expect that, but it's very quiet. If you're into the actual process of driving, you probably won't like this car. If you'd rather be comfortable, though, buy an Avalon.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like a little more padding on the seats, and where my knee hits the center console at cruise is hard plastic instead of soft leather. I'd prefer that softened up. Folding rear seats would be fantastic. I liked the feel of hydraulic steering better. Nav system is useful only for location.