2008 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Great Car Except Float Handlin

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Car Except Float Handling
By rfcn2 on

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I went shopping in 2008 I really wanted a Caddy CTS or an Acura RL. CTS could not be ordered with blue tooth for phone or laser cruise control. CTS by far drove the best. My Dad passed away about this time and left me a 2001 Avalon. It was a basic one but was very comfortable and got great MPG. So as almost an afterthought I went to Toyota dealer. They had the features I wanted and the car was 15 grand less than Acura. I really planned to hate the Toyota. I now think it is one of the best cars I have owned. Still is floaty and poor on curvy roads. Still overpowers the front wheels if too much gas is given. A great value IMHO. Amazing MPG for something this fast.

Amazing gas mileage for a fast car. Very good seats, very adjustable, heated and cooled. Fast. Very comfortable for long distance driving. Very very smooth ride. Reliable except for high beams. Excellent transmission. Efficient power train. Rear windows go all the way down. Huge back seat. Big trunk.

The 2008 is a geazer-mobile. Get the float out of this thing. I know Toyota knows how to make good handling cars. This thing is absolutely the least fun car to drive in the mountains I have ever been behind the wheel of. Lots of power. This thing needs all wheel drive or at least positraction on the front wheels. You way overpower this thing if you stab the gas. The ipod needs to be controlled. I have given up on ipods and now playing my CDs again. Too much trouble and distracting to use ipod. Where is the sat radio??? Cheap cars get them and this one did not. Overall a really great reliable good gas miles car. Likely one of the best cars you can buy at any price.