2008 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Good Car but Lackluster Exteri

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

Good Car but Lackluster Exterior Design
By y2kbug_sp7 on

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Push Button Start/Stop, Mileage, Power w/6 speed Auto Trans, Roomy Cons: Soft Breaks, External Looks (there's nothing special about the design) I bought an Avalon Limited 2008 in November of 07. I think this car is great. The mileage on regular gasoline is around 26 mpg (I drive mostly highway). Before this car, I had a 2001 BMW 330i. So the avalon seems not very responsive to cornering and "hugging" the road. However, an avalon is more of a cruising car...and not a performance car. I would say the acceleration is more then enough (and actually comparable to my old BMW) however, take the turns slow as slow as the avalon will lean when taking a sharp turn.

Push Button Start/Stop, Mileage, Power w/6 speed Auto Trans, Roomy If you can live without a luxury name (lexus, bmw, etc), this car is great choice. For the money, you will get the most options and feel as though you are driving a $45,000 car for only $35,000.

The Avalon also seems to pull to the left when pushing the accelerator hard. I think this is a common problem for front wheel drive cars...so no points should be deducted Worst features is the basic no frills exterior design and trunk access button