2008 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Glad I did not do the Lexus

2008 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Glad I did not do the Lexus
By Jim Meadows on

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tried to talk myself into the LS 460 or the ES350. It came down to the ES, and I decided to save 10000 and still got a superior vehicle: more bells and whistles, better ride, more room (even larger in back seat than the 460) better gas mileage (average for us is almost 29) more power, regular gas. The car is so smooth, the only thing I downgraded was "fun to drive". I have a back problem and traded a cadillac to get something really comfortable. This is it. My last three cars have been Cadillac SRX, Infiniti Q45, and Lexus LS 400. The Limited Avalon is superior to the Caddy, and equivalent of the 400 and 430 and Q45. I cannot believe I got this much car for this price.

XM, the "no key needed" to start and stop the car, or to open or lock the doors. Unlike some others, I do not find the GPS to be a problem. I have two portable Garmin units, and this one is easier to program a destination.

Only thing I can think of is that it could be easier to get to the screen that shows the outside temp. Now is that not really looking for something for this category?