Excellent Avalon
By DRJ356 on
2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have been driving my 08 Avalon Limited for just over a year & have 20k on it thus far. Overall I am quite pleased. I've had zero mechanical problems. This car is supremely comfortable to drive & ride in - easily equal to my wife's Lexus. I commute 30 miles each way daily and this car makes the trip very pleasant. Comfort is excellent for 5 adults. Interior is outstanding but with a few cheap materials (plastic doors on console). I'm 6'4" & 250 and have good space. Center console is a bit intrusive. Buy Garmin 700-800 GPS and save $2k. It's stupid not to include a back-up camera as standard equipment on a Limited.
Favorite Features
Smooth, quiet & luxurious. Fantastic interior comfort. Drive train is outstanding. Lots of power & amazingly smooth with surprisingly good economy. I drive fast and I have averaged about 24 mpg overall. In town 20-24 mpg, on the highway 22-32 mpg. Outstanding value in a car.
Suggested Improvements
(1) The suspension is entirely too soft if you try to get sporty at speed. You can get into serious trouble if you enter a corner going to fast. (2) The rear-view mirrors should fold. (3) Radar Cruise is very "far sighted" so I bypass it 99%. (4) The steering column should telescope out further.