Entry/Exit Not Easy
By Petals on
2008 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I had a '99 Avalon and now '08. New Avalon has smooth and solid ride and gives sense of safety. Turning radius is tight for a big car and this is a plus. I miss the bench seat in the '99. Entry and exit on new Avalon is terrible. I am female-5'6" (sr) and have to practically back in to enter and swing my legs out (they still hit the side of car) to exit. Door is too big and heavy. Toyota might be trying to appeal to younger buyer and may lose seniors if high beltline, heavy doors and entry/exit are not improved. My husband who is 5'11" cannot get into this car without extensive planning and exact maneuvering-not enough leg room for driver. Need more room in front-not back
Favorite Features
Great, smooth ride on hwy. and solid safe feel as well as improved transmission - some of the old hesitation seems to be gone. Brakes are good. Excellent sedan for the money - maybe best on market.
Suggested Improvements
1.Decrease width of car so driver and passenger can slide into seat and exit easily. 2. Decrease depth of dashboard so more room for driver. 3. Console too close to driver seat and seat needs to be softer for sr. 3. Eliminate automatic cool air.