2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Superior Automobile
By gmb on 12/26/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We previously owned a '96 Avalon, and were very pleased with it. This car, however, is superior in almost every way. We tested against Lexus, Infiniti M, Acura: for features, performance, fuel economy, and price this was the correct decision. This is an outstanding automobile. The styling is a bit stodgy, and the navigation system a bit cumbersome, but these minor drawbacks are more than made up for with comfort, engine response, fuel economy for the HP, and overall integrity/fit and finish. I spent ~3 years researching this choice, and we made the right one. Nice going, Toyota!

Very nice car
By Marco on 12/14/07 16:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As soon as I saw it, I knew that was the car I wanted. This car has almost everything (except navigation system). The ride is really smooth, you can really relax and ejoying driving even with traffic! All the features are just great and you really enjoy being inside the car! Of course outside looking at the car as well!

As advertised
By nmcintire on 12/11/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a 1996 Acura 3.2TL before buying the Avalon after comparing new Nissan Maxima, slightly used Acura RL 2006, slightly used Infiniti M35. What sold me was the comfortable and quiet ride and the available feature set. It didn't hurt that Toyota takes regular gas AND gets better mileage than other large cars. I don't understand the other reviewer citing difficulty with entry/exit into the car; seems like that's something one would notice prior to purchase and, if it is that significant of a problem, look elsewhere. The car rocks; great stereo, silky transmission, great power, bluetooth is easy to use, still learning navigation, but seems intuitive enough. Overall, A+

Entry/Exit Not Easy
By Petals on 11/27/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a '99 Avalon and now '08. New Avalon has smooth and solid ride and gives sense of safety. Turning radius is tight for a big car and this is a plus. I miss the bench seat in the '99. Entry and exit on new Avalon is terrible. I am female-5'6" (sr) and have to practically back in to enter and swing my legs out (they still hit the side of car) to exit. Door is too big and heavy. Toyota might be trying to appeal to younger buyer and may lose seniors if high beltline, heavy doors and entry/exit are not improved. My husband who is 5'11" cannot get into this car without extensive planning and exact maneuvering-not enough leg room for driver. Need more room in front-not back

Glad I did not do the Lexus
By Jim Meadows on 11/26/07 13:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tried to talk myself into the LS 460 or the ES350. It came down to the ES, and I decided to save 10000 and still got a superior vehicle: more bells and whistles, better ride, more room (even larger in back seat than the 460) better gas mileage (average for us is almost 29) more power, regular gas. The car is so smooth, the only thing I downgraded was "fun to drive". I have a back problem and traded a cadillac to get something really comfortable. This is it. My last three cars have been Cadillac SRX, Infiniti Q45, and Lexus LS 400. The Limited Avalon is superior to the Caddy, and equivalent of the 400 and 430 and Q45. I cannot believe I got this much car for this price.

Happy First Time Avalon Owner
By dbgtiger on 11/25/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I began to look for a new car, my wife rode in a friend's 2007 Avalon and suggested we check it out. Now I'm a first time Toyota Avalon owner. I have a pearl white XLS. I reviewed the Limited as well, but decided the XLS had every option we needed as standard equipment plus we added heated seats. Very pleased with the ride and the performance. A very classy looking vehicle. Have only run at 70mph with very little road noise. Looking forward to our first longer trip. This is going to be a great experience and we are looking forward to it. All I want to do is drive the car.

Better than my Caddy
By Guyaurora on 10/30/07 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced a 2002 DTS with this Avalon Limited. It is light years ahead of the caddy. Ride,detail, handling. I have everything except nav because I use a portable GPS. The laser cruise control is awesome once you get use to it. I will have the body side molding installed once Toyota finds a new vendor. We also own a 2002 Highlander and Toyota quality and service cannot be matched. This is the best value on the road for a quality full size vehicle. I have driven the lexus and aside from expensive options this car is as good as if not better than the Lexus. I also love the fact I don't have to carry my keys only the fob to open and start the car.

Nicest Car I Have Ever Owned
By reel_freak on 10/29/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A great car. Fit and finish are superb. When the door shuts, you feel encapsulated in your own world. Our three daughters love the back seat and think the reclining feature is the coolest thing. I'm impressed with fuel economy thus far. After 1000 miles, I am averaging 26 MPG city/highway. The engine has plenty of power, but the transmission seems to search for the proper gear when the gas pedal is mashed. Not an unsafe feeling, but car seems uncertain of how or when to shift. Ride is smooth and quiet. Despite being the Touring model, I wouldn't consider this a sports sedan. However, handling for a car this size is adequate. I do wish it had an integrated compass. Very happy overall.

Almost the best car I ever owned
By Don on 10/26/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Can't find anything I dislike about this car although there are a couple of changes I'd like to see. It is comfortable, reliable, ergonomically correct, quiet, well equipped and polished.

Best Car Ever
By Sherry701 on 10/16/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Toyota, thank you for making my dream car come to life. This car is a head turner, people will stop you on the parking lot to ask about the car. I love this car, it is so smooth riding, turns on a dime. I love the signals on the mirrors, I love the feel of the leather seats, I love the sound system, love the wood trim, love the reclining back seats, love the nav system, the blue tooth. I love this car. I must say, even though I am not from the computer generation, the nav and blue tooth are simple to figure. I would buy one for each day of the week!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.