2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Third Avalon
By spencer327 on 03/25/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2000, 2003 now 2008 XLS. Only concern going in was the transmission. Since the 6speed replaced the 2007 5 speed I decided to go for it. So far the 2008 excels over the 2003 in almost every respect (trunk has slightly less usable space).

A Luxury Car
By Gil Seidman on 03/20/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is truly a luxurious car that makes driving an enjoyable experience. It is extremely quiet and smooth shifting with almost no wind noise. I use regular gas on the highway and can get almost 30 miles to the gallon. The seats are heated and very comfortable. It also has an excellent stereo radio and CD system that you can control on the steering wheel. There is no need to spend more, unless you are a status seeker.

Not many cars offer the blend Avalon has
By happyowner on 03/16/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you have a shopping requirement for lots of room, fuel efficiency, 5-star NHTSA ratings all around, Toyota-like reliability & resale value you may find the list is quite short as I did. A 3600lb sedan with true seating for 5, 95mph 1/4 mile trap, and real world 32mpg regular in rural driving seems like a contradiction to me but this car is proof otherwise. Comfort and performance are well documented and all of it is true. Fun to drive of 8 because I find myself looking forward to driving it almost as much as old RX-8. Only 2 things wrong with the car so far if picky: the rain sensing wipers don't activate in misty conditions and the wood panel on driver door is misaligned.

Nice Ride
By Cardriverdavid on 02/26/08 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car has a nice ride, but in the 6 months of ownership, the dash has several rattles, and I have noticed several misaligned panels. I wish the dash was not so far forward or large, the front seat area needs to be larger for longer trips. I love the controls, but not the gray paint of the hidden radio panel. The ride is the best feature. I drove a 2008 ford taurus recently, and the ride felt more solid and flat, like a german car, and was just as nice as the toyota. Wish I knew about that car earlier.

Wonderful vehicle to have.
By QuasiTT on 02/09/08 23:38 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the short time I've driven this car, I've loved the comfort, feel and response. It drives like a car many more times expensive then it is and the fuel economy is surprisingly good. On a 300 mile trip, with the last 100 miles through the Tahoe Mountains, I still had 29.3mpg. That's something to brag about in a car that will put you back in the seat when you need it most! Very well done!!

Best Value Luxury Automobile on Market
By ac1065001 on 01/21/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking or a true luxury large car with lots of room at a reasonable price, this is it. Not another competitor can come close and you get it with Toyota reliability and quality. Styling could be improved but if Toyota did that then there truly is no reason to buy a Lexus LS. Seems same reasoning went into nav system. Portable GPS has touch screen for less than $200 now. This one doesn't. Lexus GPS does. If Toyota cleaned up a few very low cost details there would be no reason for the Lexus brand. Toyota's challenge is keeping the "goodness" of this product away from their prospective Lexus customers.

Toyota Avalon 2008
By Harley Carroll on 01/20/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, ride is smooth and good but I don't care for the jump seat on front passenger side. The cushion you sit on is too short, they should have made the passenger seat like the driver seat, on a long trip it is irritating and uncomfortable. The seats could have used more padding. I like the way the car handles and the mileage is great. The exterior of the car could be sportier.

Everyone should have one!
By MARIE on 01/11/08 23:11 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

WOW! I simply can not find anything I do not like about this car. Luxurious, stylish, spacious and safety features that are wonderful. If I won the lotto I would buy my four kids one each! Everyone who has sat in it has been impressed. Thank you Toyota, I feel very spoiled driving my Avalon!

2008 Avalon Limited
By ulanon on 12/29/07 09:32 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced our 2001 Avalon XLS with the 2008 and are extremely satisified with it. Ride, handling, comfort, fuel economy and Toyota reliability are superb! We both have back problems and this is one of the few cars that we can sit and drive without pain and discomfort. The 8 way power heated seats with power adjustable lumbar support on both sides are a big plus too. After owning a 2001 Avalon, we did not consider anything else. Why drive a Lexus and pay 10-15,000 more just for the "L" on the exterior. Previous cars include BMW 525, Mercedes E300, Chrysler 300M and we would not go back to driving any of those again for a number of reasons.

Good Car but Lackluster Exterior Design
By y2kbug_sp7 on 12/27/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Push Button Start/Stop, Mileage, Power w/6 speed Auto Trans, Roomy Cons: Soft Breaks, External Looks (there's nothing special about the design) I bought an Avalon Limited 2008 in November of 07. I think this car is great. The mileage on regular gasoline is around 26 mpg (I drive mostly highway). Before this car, I had a 2001 BMW 330i. So the avalon seems not very responsive to cornering and "hugging" the road. However, an avalon is more of a cruising car...and not a performance car. I would say the acceleration is more then enough (and actually comparable to my old BMW) however, take the turns slow as slow as the avalon will lean when taking a sharp turn.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.