2008 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
An Excellent Car
By Doug Vanden Heuvel on 06/12/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Avalon is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned. I traded in a 2004 BMW high performance 330I on this car (I loved that car but it was impractical for my family). This car has 33 more horsepower, dual exhaust, tons more room, only weighs 150 more lbs. than the Beemer, hands free phone, comfort is excellent, it's very quiet and feels very safe on the road. With my driving style I'm getting overall gas mileage of 30 mpg. Normally I stay 5-10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

Paint chipping on hood?
By Whodatt_99 on 05/29/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2008 Avalon XLS, dark maroon with cream leather interior. Absolutely beautiful car inside and out. Extremely smooth ride and good horsepower when you need it. Big problem is the paint on the hood. Tiny chips have been appearing and the car only has 11,000 on it. My 2001 Tahoe has zero chips on hood and 136,000 miles on it. Either the paint or the application process is crappy, or maybe the clear coat is too thin. That is my only complaint but it is a big one.

Not what I paid for/lemon
By carlosjay on 05/27/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Since day one I am having transmission problems. The dealer keeps on saying there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, but there is. It slows down too quickly when your foot is removed from the gas pedal. Sooner or later I will be rear-ended. I am in arbitration now. I was told by a Toyota the tech to drive aggressively. That is against the law. As of now I am due for an arbitration hearing.

Not the ride of my life
By Bruce Merda on 05/23/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an '03, loved it. From the specs the '08 should be even better. It is in every way except the ride. If you're on smooth blacktop fine, any other surface you will feel via the seat each tar strip, pavement crack, bump, and if you hit a hole... oh my! I drive 55 Ca. freeway miles a day. Hate the ride every mile. Suspension way too stiff for Toyota's luxury flagship, just jar & jolt. 17" wheels don't help either. 16" means more absorbing rubber and a softer ride. They need to quit trying to build cars to satisfy the specification desires of some auto magazines testers whose standards are usually race track handling, the biggest wheels & lots of hpwr. The Avalon isn't a sports car!

Better than Reports
By 2-avalon owner on 05/22/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalon and both have been wonderful cars, the first got crashed, although both have been wonderful cars. I just took a trip to the Grand Canyon from southern CA, and averaged 31.7 MPG with the cruise control set at 70 MPH. I have not taken a trip that I have attained less than 29 MPG. This is a well engineered car great handling and comfort, lots of luggage space. This car pretty much has it all. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Satisfied driver
By Satisfied driver on 05/08/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a Lexus in disguise, actually it is better than the Lexus 350, it looks better, is roomier & rides just as smooth. My wife loves the comfortable & smooth ride as well.

Best Large Luxury Sedan Ever!
By TSmith on 05/03/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've previously owned a Camry and recently traded my Solara for the 2008 Avalon. I have no complaints. I am a tall women and there's plenty of leg/head room, 3 avg sized adults fit comfortably in the back seat, tons of trunk space, and good price. Horsepower and handling are great. I can zoom uphill, through traffic and curves with ease. Avalon luxury is, at its best, highly comparable to Lexus without the price tag. It's a smooth, quiet, spacious ride - especially when you have a long commute to work everyday. Best car purchase I've made to date. The exterior design is beautiful. I am constantly being approached with compliments. I would recommend the Avalon to all.

Ben's Review
By bmatula1 on 04/06/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent performance, comfort and reliability. Performance is excellent for a relatively large car and a V6 engine. Amenities like automatic windshield wipers and keyless entry/start set this car apart from others.

First Avalon
By rgwilsek on 04/05/08 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned minivans for the last 15 years and decided to go with a sedan. The Toyota Avalon is a true luxury roomy sedan with a reasonable price tag. Looked at Buick, Cadillac and Chrysler but found the Avalon to be superior quality, comfort and with great technology features. Got the fully loaded limited and it's a pleasure to drive with good mileage rating.

Thirsty clumsy clunker
By toyotauser on 04/05/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Proof Toyota can badge and sell any clunker. 13.6 mpg in Boston, 25 mpg on hilly I-90. I am not a heavy foot. I use premium & Mobil-1 5W30. The seats jiggle over bumps. The back doors need to be rehung. Accelerating and maneuvering make dangerous torque steer, I like the 3/4 large size and big interior space, but seats not comfortable on a long drive, even for driver, in spite of adj lumbar. I've had a lot of great cars recently, everything from an 06 Evo IX SE to a Camry Hybrid. I like big cushy cars. An old chassis and should be retired. Paint scratches if you frown at it. There are lots of goods cars out there, this is not one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.