2008 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Just what I wanted, but...
By judy on 09/07/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so thrilled to purchase an Avalon Limited in October 2007. It was everything I wanted in a luxury car, except for the battery. In April 2008 when I went out to start it the battery was dead and the car had to be towed. Again in September 2008 the exact same thing happened, except this time rusty water was also dripping out of exhaust, which could not be explained. Even though the work was done under warranty, I am now nervous when I go out of town for fear it will not start. Other than this problem it is a great car. Wish I could feel at ease with it again.

Lexus LS for less
By Richard on 09/06/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a Lexus LS and recently purchased my Avalon. If you could close your eyes while driving it would be hard to tell your were in the Avalon. My family has owned Toyotas since 1971 and some members even drive the LS460. The Avalon is the LS430 in different clothing but performs, drives and rides the same with the exception of the V8 but the Avalon offers sufficient power with the large V6. Great fit and finish and the interior is like sitting in your easy chair.

Avalon Limited
By Raymond Soristo on 08/09/08 22:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I seriously considered a Lexus 350 EX but the premium fuel factored with a trouble free 148K on the 2001 turned me back to the 2008 Avalon Limited. Size and comfort are unbeatable.

Boring
By raspar77 on 07/25/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is boring. OK in almost every respect but not great at anything. Unexciting exterior not too sure about that rear end. Engine ok not what I was used to. Ride a little firm on long trips I feel a little beat up. Fuel economy is good not great. I had an 03 STS that I drove 116,000 miles and it was a great car fun to drive much more comfortable and less tinny than this. I am far from in love with this car it is solid transportation from point A to B but that is it.

Stealth Lexus with Toyota badge
By Al in Central Fla. on 07/16/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are a a family of 5 & needed more room. Traded a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid in for our loaded Avalon after 2 years of trouble-free Honda ownership. The Avalon isn't nearly as fun to drive, and you're not quite as "connected" to the driving experience, but it's the clear winner for our family. Lots of room to stretch out, excellent stereo, great mileage, huge trunk, tons of value for the price and legendary Toyota quality. I often wonder why anyone would pay the extra money to buy a Lexus GS 350 when this car really seems to have everything you could possibly want in a sedan. I shopped both before making the decision to buy the Avalon. I do prefer the rear styling of the Lexus over this car.

"Why purchase a Lexus"
By Craig on 07/14/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Avalon Limited and I just love it. The car rides very smooth. The interior is very sleek and modern looking with its brushed chrome compartments and stylish dashboard and gauges. The leather seats are also very plush and comfortable. Easily the Toyota Avalon has a huge advantage when comparing everything that comes standard that would have cost thousands more on a Lexus ES. I searched for over a year and there was no other vehicle I found that offered the interior room and standard features for such an affordable price. Thanks Toyota for building my dream car.

50% the cost of a Mercedes S550
By ymhnk on 07/06/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Half the cost of the 2007 Mercedes S550 I traded in for 2008 SL550, and every bit as good, useful, and performing. Roomy backseat and 4-doors is very comfortable for 4 adults.

Avalon Limited... almost a perfect car
By jordanfl on 07/06/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for three weeks now, and I have to say it is the finest automobile I have ever owned. My last car was a 2002 BMW 530i with sport package. Other than handling, the Avalon Limited beats the beemer in every category. Those 268 HP really get you moving when you need them...in a car that oozes luxury. The premium JBL sound system is also super. I like it a lot.

'08 Avalon Early Impression
By tfelton on 06/21/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Up to when I bought the Avalon I had never heard about it but when I first saw it in the showroom I fell in love with it. It has not disappointed me. I've already taken it on a 3100+ mile trip and it drives just the way I want a car to drive: a good solid, comfortable, and predictable feeling. I don't need a lot of gadgets in the car to keep me happy so the Avalon has plenty to keep me occupied. I consider the styling simple, or classic, so it will look good 10 or 20 years from now. Power is excellent and my mpg on the 3100+ 10-day trip was 29.83 over all which included 4 days of city driving.

A thinking person's Lexus
By rdw_audiofossil on 06/16/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Avalon Limited. The car seats five full-size adults in comfort, with heated and cooled front seats, a terrific stereo, bluetooth connectivity, dynamic laser cruise control, and a respectable navigation system. Controls are easy to use (except the nav joystick) and the car is aesthetically pleasing inside and out. The ride is generally smooth, but suffers over rough pavement. The six speed gearbox and engine are smooth as silk. The exterior noise level is phenomenally low, and the gas mileage is exceptional for a car this size. Essentially, a near equivalent to a Lexus GS, with more legroom, better gas mileage, and more storage space, for $20,000 less.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.